Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky VST Host Tips and Workarounds
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2009-03-24 2:24 PM (#14622)
Subject: VST Host Tips and Workarounds

Developer

The VST specification isn't the most rigorously followed document in the world, and often VST hosts will do things in their own unique way. Where possible, I've tried to work around these various nuances in the code, but inevitably there are times when that is not possible. Often, however, there's a way for you to tell the host to behave, by flipping a specific switch in a specific setup or preferences screen.

I've setup this thread so that when people face problems with their hosts, they can see what the common solutions are.

• Eventually, I will include the most common/useful tips in future editions of the reViSiT help file.
  • If you stumble across a solution, feel free to enter it under this thread (with appropriate steps, descriptions and screenshots, etc.).
  • This is NOT the place to request help - please start a separate thread.
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2009-03-24 2:34 PM (#14624 - in reply to #14622)
Subject: RE: VST Host Tips and Workarounds

Developer

Here's a useful tip I received from Arpad:

In FL Studio, reViSiT audio may sound choppy unless the host uses fixed buffer sizes. Using the plugin drop menu: Compatibility > "Use fixed buffer sizes".

chrisnash
Posted 2009-03-24 2:45 PM (#14626 - in reply to #14624)
Subject: RE: VST Host Tips and Workarounds

Developer

And this tip for Cakewalk SONAR from mos6502:

Something I've discovered regarding VST instrument control in Cakewalk Sonar: if you want reViSiT to show up as a MIDI input option for your VST instruments (to send MIDI data without a loopback driver), then make sure when when adding reViSiT into the softsynth rack you've selected "Enable MIDI Output" in the "Insert Soft Synth Options" dialog that initially appears (not enabled by default). Alternatively, you can right-click on the synth and enable MIDI output also.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)