Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Samples not previewing/ copy and paste issue
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

discdokta
Posted 2005-06-21 1:28 PM (#13269)
Subject: Samples not previewing/ copy and paste issue

New user

Hi!

I just found Revisit and it's just what I've been waiting for as a formal IT2 user. However there are a few things that really break my workflow:

When I load samples, I would like to hear an automatic preview of the wavs that I browse trough, because othervise it's really hard to pick the right ones! How do you guys handle sample previewing?

The for second, I'm not able to simple copy and paste row data (ctrl+c/ctrl+v) which is a major setback for my working techniques. If only these too features could somehow be added I would be a BIG fan of your software, maybe even be willing to pay for it!

Keep up the good work!

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2005-06-21 5:01 PM (#13270 - in reply to #13269)
Subject: Samples not previewing/ copy and paste issue

Developer

Hi Discdokta,

Thanks for your feedback!

Currently, one can only preview samples before loading when people use reViSiT in a Steinberg host (e.g. Cubase or Nuendo). However, reViSiT will eventually feature the Sample/Instrument Library pages found in IT2, where the disc can be browsed inside the tracker, and samples or instruments played directly from disk, before they are loaded. At the moment, though, there are a number of more critical features that are higher up the priority list.

As for clipboard operations, these are accessed via ALT-C (copy), ALT-P (insert / paste), ALT-M (mix) and ALT-O (overwrite), just as in IT2. Although Windows uses Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V, IT2 already uses Ctrl-C for "Centralise cursor", and it was decided to maintain consistency with IT2 in favour of consistency with Windows (especially since reViSiT might one day make it to other OS's).

Hope this helps,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)