Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hexadecimal row numbers & default pattern length
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

fegi
Posted 2006-06-29 11:17 AM (#13279)
Subject: hexadecimal row numbers & default pattern length

hi!

tried revisit the first time yesterday and have 2 short questions so far:

is it possible to switch the pattern view to hexadecimal row numbers?
is it possible to set a default pattern length for the whole song or do i have to press strg-f2 in every single pattern and set it there?

thanks and greetings,

fegi

ps: will give more thoughts and feedback after trying it out seriously the next week...so far it seems very promising
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2006-06-29 12:20 PM (#13280 - in reply to #13279)

Developer

Hi Fegi,

is it possible to switch the pattern view to hexadecimal row numbers?

To date, the use of hexidecimal numbers in certain areas have been one of the biggest complaints from the beginner. I am hoping to eliminate their use from as many areas as possible, although obviously they have the advantage of fitting far more information in less space than decimal. Row numbers will thus not be switchable to hexidecimal. Currently, the Cxx (Pattern Break) effect parameters currently use hexidecimal, so as to address longer patterns with two digits, but a way will be found to work around this discrepancy in the future.

is it possible to set a default pattern length for the whole song or do i have to press strg-f2 in every single pattern and set it there?

Currently, you do have to press Ctrl-F2 in every pattern, but I will change this when I can. A new copy pattern feature is planned, whereby not only the content is duplicated, but also the pattern parameters (highlights, length, etc.). This means you will be able to set one pattern up and then copy the settings to other patterns easily. For example, Alt-P currently pastes pattern data, Alt-Shift-P might duplicate the entire pattern (data and settings). Also, I might setup Ctrl-Shift-P to just copy the settings (without the pattern) - so you can set a range of patterns to a particular length / time signature easily.

Hope this helps,
Chris

CS_TBL
Posted 2006-06-29 9:56 PM (#13281 - in reply to #13280)

Expert

hex rownumbers make no sense for non-4/4

Imagine having a 3/4 waltz or some celtic 6/8 piece.. then what? 00 0c 18 24 30 @ major highlights... can't be good :P Apart from that, not everyone understands hex or *wants* to understand it at all..

Musictechnology-bachelor degree in Composing, Producing, Sounddesign, Software - composer for film/tv/theatre/games/commercials - imdb registered - IT2 guru - MSX guru - sounddesign guru
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)