Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

exporting to .wav
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

Tristan
Posted 2006-12-21 10:56 PM (#13306)
Subject: exporting to .wav

hello!

the tracker works very nice within a vst enviroment! but i have a question, i just can't figure out, if i take a bunch of samples with revisit, and make something nice, how can i export that to .wav so i can use it with cubase?

and one more question, how can i trigger revisit via cubase? for example, if i wrote some midi line in revisit with a vst instrument, i would like to be able to trigger revisit to start with the rest of my cubase track.

i'm wondering how can i do all those, and will appreciate any reply, thanks a bunch!

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2006-12-22 10:53 AM (#13307 - in reply to #13306)

Expert

Exporting to wav? Assuming you use Cubase: File>Export>Audio.

Trigger reViSiT from Cubase: use the play/stop/<</>> buttons from the transport deck from Cubase. ( not entirely sure this was what you meant tho :P )

Musictechnology-bachelor degree in Composing, Producing, Sounddesign, Software - composer for film/tv/theatre/games/commercials - imdb registered - IT2 guru - MSX guru - sounddesign guru
Tristan
Posted 2006-12-22 11:08 AM (#13308 - in reply to #13307)

Hi, thanks for the reply, this is not at all what I meant. when i press play or stop at the transport bar it doesn't affect revisit whatsoever.

every time i want to hear what i made with revisit i have to click on the revisit window and press f5 or f6, that's the only way? if that's so, how can i export?

lets say i made some very good percussion line. now i want it as .wav to edit it in wablab. what should i do? how can i record it? the answer is simple, you have to export to ,wav, but how , if the only way (that i know) is to trigger

revisit myself using f5?

CS_TBL
Posted 2006-12-22 12:35 PM (#13309 - in reply to #13308)

Expert

Then I don't understand your situation, when I press the [play] button in the host, reViSiT just starts playing, and when I export to wav in the host, I just get a proper wav from whatever I have anywhere, including reViSiT.

Musictechnology-bachelor degree in Composing, Producing, Sounddesign, Software - composer for film/tv/theatre/games/commercials - imdb registered - IT2 guru - MSX guru - sounddesign guru
fegi
Posted 2006-12-22 5:39 PM (#13310 - in reply to #13309)

Veteran

hi tristan!

did you already setup an orderlist in revisit? before cubase plays any pattern you created in revisit you have to do so. even if you just have one pattern yet. orderlist --> f11. if you now press play in cubase you should hear you pattern playing with the rest.

and like cs_tbl mentioned already: you don't export any waves from revisit, but from cubase, since cubase is the host programme. revisit is just a vsti - a very powerful though

hope that helped.

greetings,

fegi
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)