Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

bug: no screen update with small leght patterns
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

Kmuland
Posted 2004-08-31 5:32 PM (#13329)
Subject: bug: no screen update with small leght patterns

I have a song with 1st pattern of 64 rows.. and 2nd pattern with 16 rows....

The screen not get updated when I move to pattern 1 to 2.... pattern 2 show data of pattern 1 (since row 17th and below)
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-01 12:03 PM (#13330 - in reply to #13329)

Developer

Hi Kmuland,

You must have imported an Impulse Tracker pattern. Currently reViSiT only supports patterns of length 64 - to help with the sync with the host (it is much easier to sync when all patterns are the same length) - as such there is no way to change the pattern length inside the program. Fear not, however, for I am working on not only variable length patterns (to be supported by a more complicated sync algorithm), but also support for time signatures, so that you can keep up with the host, no matter what madness it does!

All the best,
Chris

rpc9943
Posted 2004-09-02 1:58 PM (#13331 - in reply to #13330)

Regular

Question: You could actually play back imported .it files? None of mine work, sample-wise. Perhaps because most of mine relied on instruments... But my older songs dont import the samples either... I suppose I'll just have to be patient.

RonC
chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-03 1:48 AM (#13332 - in reply to #13331)

Developer

As detailed in the release notes (and readme.txt), the current IT import feature does not support loading of samples or instruments. I figured that since reViSiT doesn't (yet!) support instruments, the IT import feature was a bit of a moot point - most modern .IT files will be instrument based.  Also, I need to find more information on the compression specification for the IT 2.15 sample format. If anyone's got any details on this, I'd be obliged.

All the best,
Chris

Anonymous
Posted 2004-09-03 3:23 PM (#13333 - in reply to #13332)

If i were you, I'd probably try to email the guy who programmed modplug, or impulse tracker. I also thought there was a txt file that described the .it format with the release of impulse tracker. Im sure theres a wealth of information- not to mention the fact that modplug tracker is now opensource.

RonC
chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-05 1:29 PM (#13334 - in reply to #13333)

Developer

As far as I can tell, the released file format specifications don't document the compression introduced in IT v2.15. However, I'm sure Jeffrey Lim will be willing to help - and taking a look under the hood of OpenMPT is always a possibility.

Cheers,
Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)