Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shift key issue(?)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

rpc9943
Posted 2004-09-01 5:19 PM (#13335)
Subject: Shift key issue(?)

Regular

Hi,

I have already addressed this problem with Chris, but does anyone else have a problem with the highlight selection? With the latest build, and using tracktion as the host, whenever I try to use the keyboard in edit pattern mode, it acts as though im holding down shift. Chris says he cannot get this to happen, however i tested this on my laptop and desktop and it is both occurring as such... Anyone having this problem??

RonC
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kmuland
Posted 2004-09-01 5:48 PM (#13336 - in reply to #13335)

Im having same problem....

I move cursor, and and pattern places where I move gets highligthed..
Anonymous
Posted 2004-09-01 6:32 PM (#13337 - in reply to #13336)

okay good. so now that we have two people with the established bug, perhaps it does exist, chris?

RonC
chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-01 6:41 PM (#13338 - in reply to #13337)

Developer

Okay, I'm sold. I think I may have managed to recreate the problem myself (in SX2)... but can't for the life me manage to do it again. However, now I know there's a problem, I'll put some effort into tracking it down (if you'll forgive the pun).

All the best,
Chris

chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-11 7:20 PM (#13339 - in reply to #13338)

Developer

Well I managed to reproduce the error a couple of times - but this was only after having paused the whole program in a debug session, and then resuming it: something that you're not doing. But I haven't a clue how to reliably produce it - which makes it all but impossible to track down the problem.

However, there have been a number of modifications to the keyboard handling in the new reViSiT (v0.85.1), so let me know if you continue to get problems. My guess is that the Host and Manual modes (for keyboard input) probably won't exhibit this problem.

One question: is this a constant problem? When the problem occurred for me, I simply had to press shift once to get it to behave. Is this the same for you guys?

All the best,
Chris

rpc9943
Posted 2004-09-11 10:00 PM (#13340 - in reply to #13339)

Regular

Chris,

Yes the issue still occurs. It usually happens every time i click on to the plugin. If you wish for me or anyone else to help test realtime with you or whatnot, let us know, I personally would be glad to test it out as you toy with the code... Not really sure why it's doing it, but it acts as if im holding the shift key. It only stops when i press the shift key again. And this is on the latest version as well. It was kind of obscure hotkey, btw, to figure out how to bring it back to AUTO mode I kept trying to click the mouse on that lower square.. Silly me. But for the most part, I still will just have to wait for .it import to work to actually find more bugs, and to play with it more. It seems like it's definately on it's way. I hope to see more updates in the future. At this point, I don't quite see it as incredibly useable at the time being, but nonetheless a potentially great plugin.

Trying to wait patiently,
but finds it hard to,

RonC
chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-11 11:17 PM (#13341 - in reply to #13340)

Developer

Okay, well if this problem only happens when you click the plug-in, then I should be able to solve it when I do the mouse support - simply by reseting / checking the shift status when a the plug-in is clicked on. Likewise, when mouse support is there, you will be able to click that lower square to change the keyboard mode. Also, once we hit beta, I'm going to go all out on the help systems - hopefully, an explanation for the slightly more complicated aspects of the program will never be too far away . There will probably also be a backup HTML help system. Of course, it'd be nice not to have any complicated parts of the program... but it is a tracker.

Re: using reViSiT. I'm also not seriously using it. It'll be the fully featured 0.9 before I take it out for a serious spin. So, there's incentive for me! I am SO sick of using sequencers to write music. I want to use all the 19" inch-wide boxes sitting next to me with a really good interface for a change.

All the best,
Chris

rpc9943
Posted 2004-09-12 12:27 AM (#13342 - in reply to #13341)

Regular

Chris,

Seriously, since im no coder etc you are my dream come true. You wanted to make an identical vsti of Impulse tracker, keystrokes and all.. I've wanted this for SO LONG. I think you should get on instant messenger and we can discuss this more, maybe I could help you with the shift issue realtime!

RonC
chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-12 1:59 PM (#13343 - in reply to #13342)

Developer

Hi Ron,

Actually, that's not a bad idea - a bit of a developer chat session. Though I don't have Instant Messenger - not wishing to touch Netscape or AOL with a 10' barge pole. Perhaps we can sort something out with Windows Messenger. However, I don't know how useful a chat would be at this stage: currently I have my priorities fairly well-fixed in my mind. Possibly it would be better to wait until v0.9?

Ideas, anyone?

All the best,
Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)