Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Call for international keyboards.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2004-10-07 2:26 AM (#13396)
Subject: Call for international keyboards.

Developer

I know many of you are using international keyboards other than the UK/US layouts - and I'd like to adapt reViSiT to work in all countries. However, having recently made an attempt at a German keyboard version of reViSiT, I must conclude that any such endeavour is extremely difficult without the offending device to test it with.

I had a look at sourcing some foreign (German) keyboards here in England, but it's anything but cheap or easy. So, I wondered if those who were after such keyboard support could muster up a spare keyboard, in the way of a donation? If it's anything like here, you'll have about 3 or 4 spare in the attic or could pick them up at a computer fair/shop for ?3 or ?4. A USB version would be nice (allowing me to swap on-the-fly with my UK model), but I'm easy.

If you're interested in helping out with this little problem, drop me an email at revisit@nashnet.co.uk and we'll sort something out.

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2005-04-07 12:19 PM (#13397 - in reply to #13396)

Developer

Good news on the international front! I managed to pick up a German keyboard for £0.99 on eBay! So, when I get the chance, I'll work in a German keyboard layout for reViSiT. Many thanks to Markus for his offer, but looks like I'm already sorted.

All the best,
Chris

jesus2099
Posted 2005-07-01 1:02 PM (#13398 - in reply to #13397)

New user

Hello, will you, then, try to find a french keyboard? Or may i be of some help? I couldn't send you mine but I could take pictures of mine or help you finding the keys.
chrisnash
Posted 2005-07-02 2:51 PM (#13399 - in reply to #13398)

Developer

Hi Jesus,

I will probably take a shot at a French keyboard eventually, but I must admit that German support will come first. I actually have maps of nearly all layouts from around the world, but I discovered early on that these won't be enough, and that some keyboards actually send different hardware messages - thus requiring me to have access to the keyboards themselves. There's also a chance that in the Beta stages, I will be able to get rid of all four of the current keyboard modes and replace them with a universal one, which might even be able to take advantage of Window's localisation settings automatically.

I'll keep everyone posted, but for now the focus is the core features of the program. When it comes time to adding international keyboard support, I come back calling for international testers...

Hope this helps,
Chris

supernewbie
Posted 2005-07-11 7:43 PM (#13400 - in reply to #13399)

New user

Hi I have a finnish keyboard and i don't seem to be able insert noteoff command, that === one. Would it be possible to put an alternative button for that?

This would be very helpful and i think it won't be too hard to implement

chrisnash
Posted 2005-07-12 10:44 AM (#13401 - in reply to #13400)

Developer

No, it wouldn't be hard to do, but could be quite time consuming - and I'm not exactly sure of the amount of work involved, given the various keyboard modes available in reViSiT (some using VST's keyboard layout model, some using Windows'). In the beta stage, I hope to replace them with a universal solution, so that would be the best time to add the layout maps.

Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)