Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not long now...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2005-02-04 11:58 AM (#13485)
Subject: Not long now...

Developer

Hello everybody,

It's been a while since the last release and I'm sure you're all wondering what's going on. However, aside from a couple of delays over the silly season, development has been progressing. The next release, which was to be 0.86.1, was going to include a couple of fixes and improved MIDI support. However, in my "orange book" (the "grail diary" of reViSiT), I have ticked off two pages of additions, modifications and fixes (some major, some minor), and hence there will be no v0.86.1. The v0.86 feedback I've been getting has encouraged me to move mouse support up the agenda, so advanced MIDI support has been pushed back a little. Thus, the coming releases will be:

v0.86.4 (about a week hence) - whose main features will be substantially improved mouse support, save-with-host facilitiy (switchable) and the addition of the song varibles page (plus the all-important MIDI reset feature). This release will also fix most reported bugs, add several minor features, introduce a number of features for IT-continuity, some cosmetic improvements, an interface upgrade or two, and improved graphics performance.

v0.86.5 (about 1-2 weeks after .4) - which will include the promised improved MIDI support, comprising control over pitch, volume and [channel] panning variations.

I hope this wets your appetite, gentlemen. I'll try to keep to the above timetable as much as I can, but this (as always) depends on how much time I get. Of course, there's always the possibility that I'll deliver ahead of schedule!

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
elfani
Posted 2005-02-06 12:13 AM (#13486 - in reply to #13485)
Subject: Not long now...

Sounds promising ! Can't wait.

//Tomas

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)