Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT needs YOU!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2005-03-21 11:44 AM (#13499)
Subject: reViSiT needs YOU!

Developer

Well, the computer's fixed (after a fashion) - and while things looked bleak I put together an older computer in case of emergency. Interestingly, the older computer has an ISA slot, an AWE64 fitted and runs Windows 98 - the ideal platform for IT2, which might come in handy if I need to compare IT and reViSiT...

Which brings me to the favour I need: Since IT file compatibility isn't far down the road, I need to make sure that reViSiT's audio engine is also compatible. Technically, it would be easiest to wait until v0.88, so that one could actually load old IT files and see what sounds different. However, since I am to add more advanced MIDI in the forthcoming v0.86.5, I want to make the MIDI behave as close to IT's/reViSiT's audio engine as possible. For example, the pitch slides for IT, reViSiT and MIDI must all produce the same effect, and similarly for other commands. This way, it should be possible to swap audio instruments for MIDI instruments and vice versa.

I need to establish that reViSiT's effects are performing exactly like IT2's used to (albeit with improved audio quality). So, it'd be great if people could compare IT2's effect commands (if you have access to a working copy - even DirectX'd would do) and reViSiT's, and somehow work out if reViSiT is behaving correctly for each. A thorough test using bounced (exported) audio from both programs and a wave editor (like Sound Forge) is, of course, most desirable - but I am also eager to hear more subjective assessments based only on listening tests or intuition! I know Esa has already given me a lot of great feedback on IT continuity (THANKS!), but right now I'm looking for things like the speed of slides, etc.

Once this is done, I can try to match the MIDI instruments to reViSiT's audio instruments, and we should have parity. Anyone whose game, please post your results to this thread, so that other's can comment. In the meantime, I'll continue work on the improved MIDI engine, so that when we come to some kind of concensus, it should only be a simple case of tweaking the figures to acheive the desired result.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vvoois
Posted 2005-03-31 6:21 PM (#13500 - in reply to #13499)

I would like to test wether effects sounds like they supposed to in IT2 (btw, IT 2 works like a dream in DosBOX 0.63) but i don't get any audio output from it.

It was stated that reVisIt didn't work in Renoise 1.5 alpha.
I can get it to work by enabling manual keyboard mode and i can load an .IT file using F9 and selecting it, but there is completely no audio produced whatsoever.
I used the search option upon this board to see if this problem occurs anywhere else, but searchresults turned up zero (from beginning and all topics)

Vvoois
Posted 2005-03-31 6:26 PM (#13501 - in reply to #13500)

Ewps... spoken too early.. .the demo song works

Forry!
But anyway, it works in Renoise 1.5 final, just take care the "Enable keyboard" checkbox in the lowerleft part of the vsti window is checked and manual keyboard mode in the vsti is on (ctrl-alt K).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)