Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Development Update
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2005-04-12 1:03 PM (#13505)
Subject: Development Update

Developer

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure you're all wondering what the delay is. Well, recently, I have been liasing with Jeffrey Lim - the creator of Impulse Tracker - and posing him a few questions about IT2 behaviour. His help has been invaluable, but has prompted me to make a couple of fairly major overhauls of reViSiT. Notably, there are a number of aspects of the IT2 effects processing (Dxx, Exx, etc.) that behave differently in reViSiT. And few of the nuances are intuitive! The last few weeks have been a story of establishing exactly what happens for each effect (on a frame-by-frame level) and incorporating it into reViSiT. If I do this correctly, your IT modules should play exactly as they did in IT2 - only perhaps with better audio clarity. So, in this respect, although v0.86.5 has been delayed, you might say complete IT2 support has been brought forward. Although IT2 file import will not be in the next version (which will still be v0.86.5), it is no use me basing my designs for MIDI effect processing (which is in the next version) on reViSiT's audio effect processing, if it is only going to be changed later for IT2 compatibility anyway - I will then have to rewrite the MIDI code as well.

Because this requires a big re-coding, I am also taking this opportunity to make sure reViSiT's effects processing code is as flexbile as possible - and will thus support any 'future enhancements' that might be on the agenda. Notably, reViSiT's new effects processing engine will have support for multiple effects per row. Now, this will not be accessible in the interface for a while, but when the time comes, it should be an effortless introduction.

I urge you all to have faith and understand that if a job's worth doing, it's worth doing damn well.

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
yay!
Posted 2005-05-23 1:39 AM (#13506 - in reply to #13505)
Subject: Development Update

sounds good. hope everything goes well and i cant wait for a next version. keep it up.

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)