Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm back from holiday... but my laptop isn't.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2005-08-30 4:43 PM (#13543)
Subject: I'm back from holiday... but my laptop isn't.

Developer

Hey Everyone,

Good news and bad news. The bad news is that on the final day of my holiday, my laptop was stolen (off my shoulder) in Rome. The good news is that I had already taken precautions to backup all the programming I had done for the upcoming version. However, the annoying element is that with the laptop, was the notebook with all the reViSiT notes (progress chartering, to do lists, new features, ideas, etc.).

Most inconvenient is that I can't remember all the features / bug fixes / modifications for the upcoming version (v0.87.2). Most of them are already implemented, but some aren't - so not only will the Release Notes be incomplete, but I might have not implemented a couple of requested bug fixes. I'm not too worried about the list of "features for the future", as I'm sure I'll always have enough inspiration to keep me busy, but the more practical tasks are a bit hazy.

Thus, I'm relying on everyone to be extra-vigilant with this next release - if you can spot an omission, let me know (either a feature that has been implemented but not written up, or a requested feature / reported bug that hasn't been attended to). In fact, I would ask everyone to send me an email with one line (where possible) descriptions of suggestions and bugs - even if they've already been reported. Don't worry about whether that lofty ideas or not, as I will be able to sort them between v0.8x, v0.9x and v1.x features.

Transitively, I have also lost all the emails for the last few weeks (though I have those before mid/late July), so if sent in your comments/questions/requests, let me apologise now for when I don't respond - but if you have some way of resending them, I'll get right on it!

As I said, the code itself survived (thanks to a backed-up copy on an XD card in my wallet!), so the new version shouldn't be far off. Indeed, it might be even sooner, as my "To Do" list suddenly got a lot shorter! The one feature I know I was working on was a new keyboard system, which looks promising but isn't quite yet finished. I'm hoping it will allow me to get rid of all the keyboard mode milarky, as well as all the problems people are experiencing with lag (input lag, but perceived as graphics lag). It might also bring us a step closer to International Keyboard Layouts.

All the best,
Chris

PS: All my photos of the holiday were also on the laptop.

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rpc9943
Posted 2005-08-31 2:25 AM (#13544 - in reply to #13543)

Regular

im SO SORRY to hear that! i think im going to send some money your way because of what youve been doing w. revisit and for your loss... its not gonna be much but its at least something to show my gratitude!

RoNC
chrisnash
Posted 2005-08-31 5:15 AM (#13545 - in reply to #13544)

Developer

Thanks ever so much for the donation, Ron - I really appreciate the gesture! It really encourages me that there are loads of people out there who are not only interested in reViSiT, but also keen to help - and not just with money, but with comments, suggestions, words of encouragement and, yes, even bug reports. I truly believe we're working towards something monumental - and I dread to think where I'd be without everyone's support.

THANK YOU!

Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)