Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Development Update
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2005-10-03 1:29 PM (#13546)
Subject: Development Update

Developer

Hi Everyone,

As I may have mentioned, I have been attacking the keyboard issues recently, in an attempt to amalgamate all the different modes and get rid of the sluggish behaviour report by some people, in some hosts. The short of it is that I have failed. However, all is not lost - I have found a way to get keyboard support, but it will involve creating a seperate window for the reViSiT editor.

Currently, your hosts provide a window for reViSiT to fill, but don't necessarily provide the keyboard support that should come with that window. Therefore, reViSiT will create it's own seperate window (though this may still optionally appear IN some hosts), for all the main screens (inc. pattern editor) - over which it will have full autonomy (that means keyboard support to any of you laymen). Of course, the original window provided by the host will still be there, so I will try to make use of this as some kind of diagnostic readout - perhaps even a toolbar (as the mouse will still work). In any case, the layout (if not the look) of reViSiT will be different in the next major release (0.87.3).

Inevitably, there will be a fair amount of work to be done on the UI in this shift, so it might take a little while. Therefore, I am bodging together an interim release (0.87.2) in the meantime with all the other changes. I'm going to have a couple of bods test this new version in an attempt to find out what's gone into it (as I don't know, without my little orange book). However, once that's done there should be a new release. Then, a little while down the road (hopefully not too long - perhaps a week or two), I should have a new version of reViSiT, which I hope to have the following features: the new "split" interface, resize support, full screen support... and PERHAPS true-type font patterns.

Wish me luck,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
iiop
Posted 2005-10-04 6:55 PM (#13547 - in reply to #13546)

i can't wait for the full screen window

good luck!

rpc9943
Posted 2005-10-11 4:52 AM (#13548 - in reply to #13547)

Regular

thanks again Chris!

Keep in touch

RonC
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread