Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Revisit is great
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

arnorhs
Posted 2006-03-19 3:01 AM (#13579)
Subject: Revisit is great

First off, your program rocks and thank you very very much for making it. Already it's got a lot of powerful features and you are truly brilliant.

That being said, I have a few thoughts and/or ideas for improvement

1. making instruments inherit their sample's name
2. multi-channel output. I know some sampler VST instruments are capable of this. This would make mixing so much easier
3. Make the sample filebrowser window remember the last directory used. So if I'm adding 3-6 cuts from the same subfolder, I don't always have to browse my way to the same folder over and over again.

Thanks again for the incredible program... I'd pay $100 for it

Impulse tracker rulz
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2006-03-19 8:47 PM (#13580 - in reply to #13579)
Subject: Revisit is great

Developer

Hi Arnor,

Thanks for your very, very kind words. I'm glad to see the email problems didn't deter you from feedback!

In response to your commends:

1) This is already planned. It's not possible to link sample and instrument names completely, since one instrument can have many samples. However, an option will be introduced whereby reViSiT offers to create an associated Instrument, whenever you load a new sample (as in IT2) - and this will inherit that sample's name.

2) This is also planned, but is a major feature of the Professional Edition - which will not be free, but should be nonetheless cheap. The Pro edition will include Surround Sound support (including pattern depth effects, etc.) and assignable audio-outputs. Think of it as reViSiT's version of the Stereo Wave Writer driver in IT2.

3) Like IT2, there's already the Module Folder setting in the Preferences screen (F12), which you can use if you're loading lots of modules from one folder. I'll probably also add a "remember last folder" feature at some point, too. However, some hosts completely ignore the "inital path" argument when showing a file dialog, so for some it'll be a moot issue.

At the moment though, the testing effort is concentrated on getting reViSiT up to 1:1 IT2 spec - then we can start adding to it and improving it. Current coding is focusing on IT2 file support and is going very well - everything's pretty much there (2.15 compression, samples, instruments, etc.); just a few bugs to track down. The next release shouldn't be far off at all.

> Thanks again for the incredible program... I'd pay $100 for it

I'll just make a note of that...  There is, of course, the donation page (http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/donation.htm), but I'm just as happy to get support from testing and feedback as from spondulicks.

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)