Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v0.88 update released!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2006-03-20 7:11 PM (#13581)
Subject: reViSiT v0.88 update released!

Developer

Hi Everyone,

This update (v0.88) features a change in the planned release schedule, with the provision of full Impulse Tracker 2 file support ahead of v0.89. Originally, Instrument Models were going to be tackled first, but I decided it would be good to have a large range of music with which to test them and so I bumped up IT2 support. Saying that, some instrument model support has been added too...

·      Full Impulse Tracker 2 (.it) file support...
Previously, only patterns loaded, but now you can enjoy all your old songs in their entirety - including samples and instruments, with complete support for the sample compression used by IT 2.15. From the testing I've it mostly sounds good, but there are still some things that reViSiT can't do yet - pitch envelopes, NNA's, DCT's, fades, etc. They will follow in v0.89. Note also, of course, that you'll have to use the host to set the correct playback speed (e.g. tempo).

·      Volume and Panning envelopes...
Envelopes and envelope editing is in (see the FAQ for new controls). You'll notice two channels of envelopes on each page - currently the second is just a mirror copy of the original, but this may lead to multi-channel envelopes in future versions. Note: the pitch envelope has also been added, but is not yet finished.

·      Significant Performance improvements...
Hours upon hours have been spent trying to optimise the code and take advantage of any CPU features available. Bottlenecks have been tracked down and... well, bottled. The CPU is given less to do and to do it more efficiently. The differences should be noticeable across the board - audio performance is 200%+ in some circumstances. The most tangible difference will be in graphics performance, especially the Info Page - which should no longer give the CPU as much of a beating as before.

·      Interface improvements...

reViSiT's new interface gets a slight refinement: you can now move, resize and otherwise manipulate the editor window when other editor pages (e.g. Sample List, etc.) are visible. Furthermore, when such pages are visible, the pattern editor will continue to be updated (e.g. during playback). The window will also become ?greyed out' when it looses focus. Ctrl-Alt-T will toggle the Always-On-Top lock. For those using Manual Keyboard mode, you can press Ctrl-Alt-R to bring the window to the foreground in an instant.

·      Order List additions...

This release sees the return of two IT2 order list entry tools: +++ (Marker) and === (End of Song). Use the +++ Marker to divide off sections in the order list (for reference only; it has no effect on playback). Use the === to mark the end of your piece - one is added automatically where appropriate, but you can also add more to truncate playback. By making playback shorter, you also decrease the amount of work for the Advanced Sync algorithm, which can improve play/stop response times.

For a full list of updates, see the release notes or readme.txt. Please report back with any comments, queries or problems you might have.

If you have already applied to the Alpha programme, you will have an email containing the details of the download. If you haven't applied, go to http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/download.htm and sign up for the download.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pose them on the forum - or to me directly by email, via revisit@nashnet.co.uk. For more information, see the reViSiT website @ http://revisit.nashnet.co.uk.

Enjoy!

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tingh
Posted 2006-03-21 7:16 AM (#13582 - in reply to #13581)

New user

wow wow WOW

gonna test it now

thank you very much

Anonymous
Posted 2006-03-22 11:48 AM (#13583 - in reply to #13582)

works fantastic, thanks

i remember to have a lot of problems before, trying to use it because of its cpu consumption but now is working fantastically smooth, the cpu meter may be around its 20/30% of an amd733

i tought i'd have problems to get synced to the host and problems if jumping back and foward on the sequencer window while playing, but no, it behaves extremelly stable!!!

not that i really care that much, i'm trying reVisit because i may use it to create something instead of using to listen tracks, but as soon as i opened  it i run to try to load a couple of favourite tunes, those mod and xm files, and all the mods i tried to load failed and the xms seems to be not supported at all, right?

anyway, thanks a lot its an awesome piece of history

all the best

chrisnash
Posted 2006-03-22 4:52 PM (#13584 - in reply to #13583)

Developer

Hi Anon,

"Piece of history", huh? That's quite an accolade!

No, reViSiT does not yet support XM or MOD. This release just adds IT2 support. XM and MOD support will be added in the future though.

See http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/faq.htm#roadmap.

All the best,
Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)