Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

some feat.requests
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

rpc9943
Posted 2006-05-30 3:48 AM (#13620 - in reply to #13619)
Subject: some feat.requests

Regular

dude im going a bit off topic but we really need to chat on instant messenger or something hahah

aim : rpc9943
msn messenger: rpc9943@hotmail.com
yahoo: rpc9943

we both love IT and I would like to talk about revisit and stuff!

It'd be nice to keep in touch

RonC
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2006-05-30 9:45 AM (#13621 - in reply to #13620)

Expert

hm.. I see more practical uses in a dedicated revisit IRC channel..

Musictechnology-bachelor degree in Composing, Producing, Sounddesign, Software - composer for film/tv/theatre/games/commercials - imdb registered - IT2 guru - MSX guru - sounddesign guru
rpc9943
Posted 2006-05-31 6:57 AM (#13622 - in reply to #13621)

Regular

start it up ill join
CS_TBL
Posted 2006-05-31 10:31 AM (#13623 - in reply to #13622)

Expert

#revisit

at a rizon server: http://searchirc.com/servers/rizon

I'm OP (Wolf_, which is my nick in the msx-scene and thus on msx channels on the same server, it's all convenient like that)

Chris, you join too? :P

Musictechnology-bachelor degree in Composing, Producing, Sounddesign, Software - composer for film/tv/theatre/games/commercials - imdb registered - IT2 guru - MSX guru - sounddesign guru
chrisnash
Posted 2006-05-31 12:50 PM (#13624 - in reply to #13623)

Developer

Sure, I'll join, but I don't know how often I'll be around. Possibly just for scheduled dev discussions and perhaps the odd realtime debug session. Ron and I have done this before and it worked quite well. I don't know if perhaps it's possible to automatically log the conversation, so I can review any discussions I miss?

Chris

PS: My IRC nick was 'gnasche', but 'chrisnash' might be a better nick to keep in line with the forum, if you're planning on setting up an auto-op. Use email: reViSiT [at] nashnet.co.uk.

CS_TBL
Posted 2006-06-17 4:44 PM (#13625 - in reply to #13624)

Expert

insect:

Upon startup the pattern editor doesn't show instrument names, only the numbers. go to the instrumentscreen (f4), move the cursor up or down to select another instrument -> fixed.

CS_TBL
Posted 2006-06-19 10:57 AM (#13626 - in reply to #13625)

Expert

Had that midi note-off bug again, pattern wouldn't play, notes didn't work etc. etc., the assumingly fixed thing. tried midi-delay 0, didn't work. Had to del revisit and reselect it again (F11 menu in cub.), now in its 2nd life it seems to work again. Currently trying Halion, for all it matters.
It previously happened on my desktop, this time it happened on my notebook!

chrisnash
Posted 2006-06-19 12:43 PM (#13627 - in reply to #13626)

Developer

Is that with external MIDI (e.g. LoopBe1) or the internal VST MIDI "(Send to Host)"?

Previously, it had only been reported with the internal MIDI, but if it's now external too, that might help me track the problem.

Chris

CS_TBL
Posted 2006-06-19 1:41 PM (#13628 - in reply to #13627)

Expert

internal.. I was testing one instrument alone.. I'm not going through all the loopbe hastle just for one instrument.. :P

chrisnash
Posted 2006-06-22 7:34 PM (#13629 - in reply to #13628)

Developer

I'm hoping this MIDI bug is finally fixed in v0.89.1+. Let me know.

Chris

CS_TBL
Posted 2006-12-17 3:00 PM (#13630 - in reply to #13629)

Expert

a question:

Is it possible to embed the cubase video output window in the revisit window somehow? You know how things work with 1 monitor: floating windows everywhere and you keep looking for 'em. So, the actual Q is: does cubase allow to use the video output of a cubase project into a VSTi .., and if yes: do you ? :P

chrisnash
Posted 2006-12-17 9:28 PM (#13631 - in reply to #13630)

Developer

> Is it possible to embed the cubase video output window in the revisit window somehow?

No. The VST specification does not have any provisions for Video.

> does cubase allow to use the video output of a cubase project into a VSTi?

See above.

--- oOo ---

I managed to get some work done on reViSiT this weekend:

* The move to TrueType fonts has more or less been completed.
* The Pattern Follow feature has been completed. I'm still planning to refine it so that Pattern Follow note entry records with the accuracy of frames, not rows (automatically inserting SDx commands).
* A new feature: Pattern Preview - the previous/subsequent pattern in the order list appears above/below the current pattern in the pattern editor.

Chris

CS_TBL
Posted 2006-12-18 1:49 AM (#13632 - in reply to #13631)

Expert

Ah, the pat.preview sounds handy. I envisioned such an idea already when bugging Jeffrey Lim with my ideas (somewhat like what I do here all the time, but then *10, and towards someone who wouldn't be updating it anyway :P)

I'm performing slavery atm for some TV series.. I'm currently skipping nights and stuff to redo the most insane collection of music, anything.. just anything.. orchestral stuff, jazz, tango, house, you name it, it's there. Last year I was doing all this in IT2, this time reViSiT is the victim.

I even think I'll simply skip some temptracks.. *sigh*, less royalties then.. or something, dunno, those jerks temp with the most cruel collection of tunes, including vocal stuff and other urban styles.. I mean, what do they expect? *aargh*

ATM Halion survived as workhorse. The earlier issues have been related to memory. With XP, about 1.6GB is left for samples. At 0.20kb per sample there place for many thousands of samples. Tho, hardly impressive for sample-libs that come in many tenthousands of samples .. :P So, rather than making pre-fab banks of sounds, I just load as I need 'em.

The issue that's left is the timing errors on non-internal/VST midi-channels, like in loopbe30. It means that all timing-tight stuff like drums/percussion needs to be on the internal 16 midichannels (and stuff like pizzicatos, staccatos, pianos etc. this is the daily juggling act here!), while the slow stuff sits on the one of the loopbe30 channels. atm I've no time to find out how, but this timing error is consistent. The author of loopbe30 claims it's not loopbe30 to blame.

*sigh* .. on to work .. ._.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)