Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hxx vibrato no longer working properly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

Beatfox
Posted 2006-07-17 5:56 AM (#13694)
Subject: Hxx vibrato no longer working properly

New user

Something happened to the Hxx vibrato within the last few builds that's making it behave very differently than it used to. I made a single-channel lead pattern with some vibrato a while back on an earlier build, and the vibrato speed/amplitude values seemed to be more or less comparable with Impulse Tracker's. Now, every speed value produces a much faster vibrato than before, and even the highest amplitude value gives a rather weak vibrato amplitude. The vibrato-filled pattern I made in the old version sounds nothing like it used to; the new vibrato is pretty much useless in its current state. Think you could take a look and see what might have gone wrong?

BTW, on a side note, any word on the ability to have, say, 8 rows per beat instead of 4?
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2006-07-17 9:32 AM (#13695 - in reply to #13694)

Expert

8 rows: I dunno whether the 6 ticks per step is going to be changable in the future? If you could set it to 3, rather than 6, you could have 8 steps per beat..

otoh, I've seen conceptdrawings about having another piece o' pattern within a given area.. uhm.. like putting another "8 step pattern" into a 4-step area .. (does this make sense? )

Musictechnology-bachelor degree in Composing, Producing, Sounddesign, Software - composer for film/tv/theatre/games/commercials - imdb registered - IT2 guru - MSX guru - sounddesign guru
chrisnash
Posted 2006-07-17 1:38 PM (#13696 - in reply to #13695)

Developer

Beatfox: I'll certainly look into the vibrato problem as soon as I can.

Re: Rows per beat

CS_TBL is right when he explains the concept drawing as "putting a 8 step pattern into a four step area" - http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/conceptual_1.jpg. This should allow you to double the resolution of parts of the pattern. There might also be a double resolution whole-pattern option. We'll see when I start experimenting after v1.0 PRO.

He is, however, wrong when he talks about ticks per step (or "frames per row"). The current Axx command already allows you to change the frames per row (resolution), but this will have no affect on playback speed (unlike previous trackers) OR the number of rows per beat. reViSiT keeps the number of rows per beat constant at all times so as to maintain practical sync with the host.

Hope this helps,
Chris

chrisnash
Posted 2006-07-17 2:38 PM (#13697 - in reply to #13696)

Developer

Re: Vibrato.

This is fixed now (just redownload v0.89.3). It was a change I put in for debugging purposes and forgot to take out!

Chris

Beatfox
Posted 2006-07-17 5:30 PM (#13698 - in reply to #13697)

New user

Awesome, thanks; I'll check it out again when I get a chance.

And good luck with the double-res feature -- looks like that could come in pretty handy!
Beatfox
Posted 2006-07-18 7:51 AM (#13699 - in reply to #13698)

New user

Sounds good again! Thanks a ton, Chris!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)