Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

instrument format?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2009-03-18 2:32 PM (#14577 - in reply to #14574)
Subject: RE: instrument format?

Developer

Heh, it depends on which part of this conversation you interested in...

reViSiT can now load and save in it's own format (xml settings + sample waves, zipped), but to date there's no movement on other format support. As I said earlier, the ultimate plan is to have various importable formats for samples and instruments (or "patches", soundbanks, etc.). Instrument export features will likely always be a low priority, but I've made reViSiT's own format super-easy for another developer to support in external file convertors. Hopefully, when reViSiT is a bit more established, we'll start seeing such support in other programs. Additional file support is a low priority at the moment, since, with my research, the current focus is on interface design.

To this end, I may well introduce Sample and Instrument Library features sooner, rather than later, as part of the experiment, since this is something that would likely affect work flow.

Since these features are all kind of related, if I'm working on one thing, it might suddenly be the case that another becomes trivial to implement, and will suddenly appear in a reViSiT version overnight! Stay tuned to the new Development Blog for news!

Best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fegi
Posted 2009-03-18 2:54 PM (#14578 - in reply to #14577)
Subject: RE: instrument format?

Veteran

chrisnash - 2009-03-18 3:32 PM

As I said earlier, the ultimate plan is to have various importable formats for samples and instruments (or "patches", soundbanks, etc.).

yeah...your ultimate plan is what i was interested in but seriously...im looking forward to the day, when i can import at least one instrument format (whatever it will be). i'll be patient.
the development blog is a very good idea btw
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)