Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v0.90 Beta released!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2007-03-12 7:37 PM (#13804)
Subject: reViSiT v0.90 Beta released!

Developer

Hi Everyone,

Without any further ado, it is my pleasure to present reViSiT v0.90 Beta. Not much has changed since v0.89.5, save a minor aesthetic update (more rounded buttons, a new shade of blue), a few graphics glitches and a couple of minor bugs. This beta version, however, does usher some minor changes for the project itself:

• reViSiT no longer requires registration.
    Although the download page still carries a form, it is now optional. The current priority is to get as many people using (and beta testing!) the program as possible - and hopefully providing feedback to ensure v1.0 is rock solid. You can still subscribe to the mailing list to stay apprised of new releases and important announcements.
  • reViSiT Professional Edition development has begun.
    The much-coveted surround sound and assignable output features are now under development. Testing of the Pro Edition will fall to a specially selected number of reViSiT testers, but I’ll be sure to keep the website and forum up-to-date with development news.
  • The nashNET Forum has been upgraded.
    The forum, which used to be provided by Aimoo.com, has now moved onto nashNET.co.uk and uses new, improved software. Your old messages and user accounts should still be there, of course, but over the coming months, I hope to add extra features to the forum for bug reporting and tracking, feature suggesting and voting, and so on.

Read the release notes and download reViSiT v0.90 Beta from http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/download.htm.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to pose them on the forum, and I’ll try to answer you as quickly as possible. For more information, see the reViSiT website @ http://revisit.nashnet.co.uk.

Enjoy!

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-03-16 1:30 PM (#13813 - in reply to #13804)
Subject: Re: reViSiT v0.90 Beta released!

Expert

Will try after I've finished my game-rearrange project, the intro of some odd Japanese game (using FM), originally somewhat like 7 minutes, stretched by me towards over 20 minutes (lotsa additional material) of pure orchestral beauty.. ^_^ It truly dwarfs everything else I've made before. I had one crash with the most recent version before 0.90. Rev. crashed/froze due undo'ing an action from its own undo menu, dunno how/what/why, but I had to restart cubase. It only happened once, does it ring a bell somehow?

Oh, the spam thing, that didn't happen on the old forum.., why does this new forum attract so much crap??
chrisnash
Posted 2007-03-17 10:43 AM (#13814 - in reply to #13813)

Developer

Re: Undo crashing.

There was the occassional crash involving long patterns and the clipboard several versions back, but I think I nailed it. Let me know as much as you can if it happens again.

Re: Forum spamming.

Yeah, annoying, isn't it? I think it's because the software I'm using now is more popular than the Aimoo ones, and thus a better target for spambots. I'd hoped that banning specific IP's would solve the problem, but reading up on the subject, it doesn't seem the case. If it gets really bad, I'll have to move to a policy where posters must register and log in first.

Chris
fegi
Posted 2007-03-17 5:56 PM (#13815 - in reply to #13804)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v0.90 Beta released!

Veteran

not sure how to describe this, but i have the following problem with 0.90:

when i enter notes in the pattern editor i can only hear each note once in a session...when i enter the same note later again i don't hear anything. it doesn't depend on which instrument i use, happens with each and every one of them.

i had to roll back to 089.5. the bug does not happen there.

greetings,

fegi
fegi
Posted 2007-03-17 6:04 PM (#13816 - in reply to #13804)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v0.90 Beta released!

Veteran

yeah..and about the forum:

in other boards it is common that you have to enter some sort of code before you can post as a guest.
this could for example be a very simple question, like:

"what is revisit's developer first name?" or something like that
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-03-17 9:06 PM (#13819 - in reply to #13804)

Expert

or: "who's the most demanding and insanely nitpicking prick on this board?" :P

Anyway, meanwhile more spam was posted, so I 'aye' this code system..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)