Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

getting instruments onto channels
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

dpaulo
Posted 2007-03-30 10:06 AM (#13833)
Subject: getting instruments onto channels

New user

Hi Chris,
I've just discovered revisit from Computer Music's Special on 50 Best Freeware and am very hopeful that it might help me tie together tracking and audio. Having messed around with it for a while it's looking good - using Cockos Reaper which seems to work fine, but I can't get any instruments loaded - the load, save, swap and new buttons are greyed out. I find that I can load samples but the other buttons on the sample screen are also greyed out. Obviously this make things pretty difficult, and any advice you can offer would be appreciated. This problem is the same with the newest beta version and also the previous alpha version.
Thanks and keep up the excellent work!
Daniel Paulo
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fegi
Posted 2007-03-30 12:08 PM (#13834 - in reply to #13833)
Subject: RE: getting instruments onto channels

Veteran

hi dpaulo!

first of all welcome on board i'm also using reaper together with revisit for some weeks now, which is a very fine combo in my opinion. instrument loading is currently not implemented and therefore disabled...same goes for some sample screen functions. you might want to read this thread.

revisit is intended to control vsti's. so just load your favourite sampler vsti and control it via revisit

how-to's are in this board. but if you need further assistance don't hestitate to ask for help

greetings,

fegi
chrisnash
Posted 2007-04-05 8:17 PM (#13846 - in reply to #13833)
Subject: RE: getting instruments onto channels

Developer

Hi Daniel,

Welcome aboard! As Fegi said, instrument loading is not yet implemented, but is rarely necessary. In most cases, the instruments are already set up as you'd need them - you just need to load a sample and use the correspondingly numbered instrument.

In some cases, the buttons are greyed out simply because the mouse/button code hasn't been written. reViSiT is designed for keyboard input, so mouse functionality has taken a bit of a backseat. Have a look at the help files for keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl-F1) and you might find what you're looking for.

Similarly, the Pattern Editor interface has been the big focus, taking priority over the sampler features, which most people seem to ignore and use MIDI/VSTi anyway (Instrument List F4 > Pitch/MIDI). However, the new surround sound and multiple outputs features will not work with MIDI, so the sampler features will become a bigger priority again.

'Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)