Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v0.90.2 Beta released!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2007-05-29 11:50 PM (#13905)
Subject: reViSiT v0.90.2 Beta released!

Developer

Hi Everyone,

It is my pleasure to deliver reViSiT v0.90.2 Beta. This version patches a couple of quirks identified in the earlier beta releases. The major additions/changes:

• Instrument Envelopes improved
    I’ve completely rewritten the code for drawing instrument envelopes and handling mouse and keyboard interaction. As such, the envelopes now take up more of the screen and dragging nodes around with the mouse should be more intuitive. Astute observers will notice that the panning envelope still on takes up half the window, so that in the Pro Edition there’s room for the extra panning envelope to control the extra dimension in surround sound – depth!
  • Other changes and bug fixes
    In addition to the keyswitching problems in the last release, this update fixes a number of minor memory handling problems and leaks, as well as a couple of teething problems with .1’s channel naming and colouring features.
  • [ Professional Edition Update ]
    Surround Sound support is now 95% complete. Since the last update, I’ve added support for discrete channel addressing (e.g. sending to the Centre or LFE channel, or even just the Left or Right channel). Discrete channels are addressed by entering an abbreviation of the channel (e.g. FL = Front Left, LF = Low Frequency Effects or LFE), in one of the pattern’s panning columns. Of course, since you have two such columns in the Pro Edition (for width and depth), you can enter two discrete channels at once. Instruments now also have full support for depth, through the Panning tab, so that you can 2D panning envelopes, or set default depth and theta values for instruments (and samples) and so on. Similarly, the Channel Configuration screen now allows you to specify values for Channel Depth and Theta (in addition to the normal Volume and Panning). All that remains is to add pattern effects for sliding depth and (possibly) theta, before wider testing can begin. Stay tuned!
Read the release notes and download reViSiT v0.90.2 Beta from http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/download.htm.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pose them on the forum, and I’ll try to answer you as quickly as possible. For more information, see the reViSiT website @ http://revisit.nashnet.co.uk.

Enjoy!

All the best,
Chris

UPDATE 03/06/07
Anyone experiencing problems with the right audio channel or mouse support in the Instrument List, please re-download v0.90.2. A new build has been uploaded fixing these problems - Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-05-30 4:44 PM (#13908 - in reply to #13905)
Subject: Re: reViSiT v0.90.2 Beta released!

Expert

Can't select controllers anymore in the instrument menu (and hence I can't select 'articulation' )
-iirc- one could even click a controller with the mousepointer, no can do anymore.

Trackname etc. still slow. (but you might not have done anything about that yet.. (?) )
chrisnash
Posted 2007-06-03 8:10 PM (#13912 - in reply to #13908)

Developer

Thanks CS_TBL, the new envelope interaction code was getting in the way. Fixed now (see UPDATE to original post) along with muted right channel bug.

Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-06-05 1:08 PM (#13913 - in reply to #13905)

Expert

Just tested, articulation still doesn't work. First of two notes on a row gets priority.
So,

[C 4 01 .. 000 C 4 01 .. 001] means both notes play articulation (0)00.

I don't see 'hanging' articulation notes anymore however.

Did you actually test it?
chrisnash
Posted 2007-06-05 9:37 PM (#13914 - in reply to #13913)

Developer

CS_TBL,

I've uploaded a new version which might fix the problem - just re-download .2.

> Did you actually test it?

Easy, tiger! No, I hadn't fully tested it - only basic MIDI monitor testing - for these reasons:

1. As you may recall, I don't use keyswitching for articulations. Hence, I have no software that supports it.
2. I have just about enough time to write and maintain the code, but not enough to actually use my software for... say... writing music. Thus...
3. In-place, on-the-job, in-depth, long-term testing is YOUR job. You are a Beta Tester, remember?

Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-06-05 9:54 PM (#13915 - in reply to #13905)

Expert

btw, I couldn't use F8 anymore in the pattern editor to stop a sound, just a moment ago.. odd.

> 1. As you may recall, I don't use keyswitching for articulations. Hence, I have no software that supports it.
Do you have/use Halion 3? I could cook a simple program with some keyswitching so you can test. Btw, all the major industry sample libraries use keyswitching and I've never seen libs that work differently (if they feature lots of articulations), I never really understood why you won't use 'em. Which libraries work differently then?

> 2. I have just about enough time to write and maintain the code, but not enough to actually use my software for... say... writing music. Thus...
Making music isn't the same as code-check, rite? With testing I mean: "compile, run, test all -new- options"

> 3. In-place, on-the-job, in-depth, long-term testing is YOUR job. You are a Beta Tester, remember?
yes yes, it wasn't meant as being harsh orso, just see [2] .. :P Anyway, exqueeze the tiger if it ate your favorite deer.. :P (deers gotta run, tigers gotta eat)
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-06-05 10:09 PM (#13916 - in reply to #13905)

Expert

Getting closer. I think each channel can play its own articulation now... but this time the articulation is -probably- processed *after* the note its attached to. So you'll hear the effect on a row only after the first time you play that row. Naturally the articulation is hard to test this way, tho as said I think it's ok regarding individual channels now.

(ps, F8 issues seems fixed, dunno if it was a real bug or just a one-out-of-a-million case of chaos)

Edited by CS_TBL 2007-06-05 10:10 PM
fegi
Posted 2007-06-19 7:18 AM (#13918 - in reply to #13905)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v0.90.2 Beta released!

Veteran

noticed a little bug...

enter some notes in an empty pattern --> change the minor or the major row highlight --> pattern gets deleted.
happens on both of my systems and is reproduceable.

the bug does not occur if you additionally change the pattern length.

greetings,

fegi
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-06-19 6:13 PM (#13919 - in reply to #13918)

Expert

I just noted that the F8 bug is in all 90.2 versions.., somehow it didn't occur to me, most probably reason is that I've been using the VST channels for sustained sounds and the loopbe30 channels for percussive or staccato sounds.. (so the problem would still be there, but not being obvious)
fegi
Posted 2007-06-22 9:55 AM (#13920 - in reply to #13905)

Veteran

another little bug i guess...maybe someone else can confirm this:

i have one module where the pattern 00 is my count-in pattern with only 24 rows. each time i reopen this project, this pattern has 64 rows again.
fegi
Posted 2007-06-22 11:07 AM (#13921 - in reply to #13920)

Veteran

and 2 other things (sorry...wanted to edit my previous post, but was too slow):

one time suddenly the instruments lost their color-labeling. i can't really reproduce it now, but it had something to do with ctrl-f (follow pattern playback). i disabled it and enabled it again and suddenly the colors were back but this only happened once.

another thing where i'm not sure what is causing it (and i'm not sure how to describe it correctly), is that the first row doesnt get played properly, instead the notes get messed up somehow. but i have to investigate this more in 10 days or so.

and now i'll leave into my short holidays for one week

greetings,

fegi

Edited by fegi 2007-06-22 11:08 AM
fegi
Posted 2007-07-29 6:32 PM (#13956 - in reply to #13921)

Veteran

fegi - 2007-06-22 12:07 PM
one time suddenly the instruments lost their color-labeling. i can't really reproduce it now, but it had something to do with ctrl-f (follow pattern playback). i disabled it and enabled it again and suddenly the colors were back but this only happened once.

can reproduce that one now:

- enter some notes with a color-labeled instrument in pattern 01.
- start pattern playback
- switch in the volume column to panning mode and enter something
- switch to pattern 02 and back to pattern 01

now all instruments lost their color labeling.

greetings,

fegi
fegi
Posted 2007-07-29 7:16 PM (#13961 - in reply to #13956)

Veteran

edit: you don't even have to start pattern playback
chrisnash
Posted 2007-08-01 5:54 PM (#13983 - in reply to #13961)

Developer

Thanks, fegi.

I'll look into it as soon as I get a chance.

Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-08-12 3:20 PM (#14018 - in reply to #13905)

Expert

Hm. pattern highlighter(s) change means that the pattern will be emptied.

So, when's 90.3 due to arrive? :P (hopefully with a bugfix for the non-VST device manual note-off bug (or lack of, actually))
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)