Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FEATURE: Send Keyboard Shortcut To Host
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

lackluster
Posted 2007-07-12 1:36 PM (#13942)
Subject: FEATURE: Send Keyboard Shortcut To Host

Regular

req: way to allow things like shift-a-q-w-e-r-s-d to come through to vsthost

i am gearing to use revisit with ableton live. it seems to be perfect right about now. i can set midichannels in ableton live to receive the notes, which are then piped from those miditracks to the outboard gear, and that material is brought back into 6 audio ins. i am testing this out with an old 1996 racksynth from e-mu, orbitv2.
right now i have it functioning pretty much exactly how itd go on a tracker, if i was merely playing samples, or how it would be in ztracker was its impulsetracker-implementation more impulsetracker-like.

i am ready to lock the always-on + keyboard "hold" to on so that all keyboard input is piped into revisit.

but i use effects from the keyboard in ableton live, on master out.

i will probably put them into revisit, but that doesnt mean i can play them, can i? because if i can do an instrument in f4, that has midicommands, say toggle on/off on note on/off, of an effect, then that would be completely devastating.

is this possible?

but more so, is it possible for me to allow the keys shift-a, shift-w, shift-e, shift-r and shift-q out into the vsthost so in the meanwhile i can toggle effects on and off like that?
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fegi
Posted 2007-07-29 6:42 PM (#13959 - in reply to #13942)
Subject: RE: req: way to allow things like shift-a-q-w-e-r-s-d to come through to vsthost

Veteran

the keys shift-f2 - shift-f12 are sent through to the vst host. so that are the ones you can asign host functions to and control them within revisit.
fegi
Posted 2007-07-30 6:34 PM (#13963 - in reply to #13942)
Subject: RE: req: way to allow things like shift-a-q-w-e-r-s-d to come through to vsthost

Veteran

this powerful tool might be exactly what you need

http://www.autohotkey.com

with it you can steal every key from revisit and send it to whatever application you like. but be sure not to steal keyboard shortcuts you need within revisit

greetings,

fegi
lackluster
Posted 2007-07-31 11:08 AM (#13964 - in reply to #13963)

Regular

fegi - 2007-07-30 8:34 PM

this powerful tool might be exactly what you need

http://www.autohotkey.com

with it you can steal every key from revisit and send it to whatever application you like. but be sure not to steal keyboard shortcuts you need within revisit

greetings,

fegi

thanksh! ill give it a shot and see what happens. i hope i can "bleed" shift q shift w shift e shift r and shift a with autohotkey into ableton live, instead of revisit. would be wicked
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-07-31 12:32 PM (#13966 - in reply to #13964)
Subject: Re: req: way to allow things like shift-a-q-w-e-r-s-d to come through to vsthost

Expert

Hey, that's a cool tool, I've been looking for something like that but couldn't find such. One can nicely automate stuff in Revisit like pattern copies :D Atm trying to have a hotkey 'press' MIDI>Reset in Cubase, when note-offs hang.

Naturally I wanted it some while ago was to find a replacement for the mouse button in the game Diablo2, as I was about to get RSI from all the butchering. I bought a tablet/pen later on, but that sucked even more. Perhaps a pen in combination with hotkey'ed "pen buttons" might be fun.
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-07-31 3:12 PM (#13967 - in reply to #13966)
Subject: Re: req: way to allow things like shift-a-q-w-e-r-s-d to come through to vsthost

Expert

[windowskey]+[1] to click windowmenu MIDI>Reset, mousepointer must be on the Revisit window tho.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(yay! :D)

script:

#1::
CoordMode Mouse,Screen
MouseGetPos xpos, ypos
Click 160,26
Click 160,420
MouseMove xpos,ypos
Click
return

---------------------

Tho I'm quite n00b with all that script stuff yet, perhaps it's also possible to *really* click the correct menu item, instead of moving the mouse to a position that might differ from computer to computer as font sizes might differ.. anyone with a suggestion?

Edited by CS_TBL 2007-07-31 3:30 PM
fegi
Posted 2007-07-31 3:56 PM (#13968 - in reply to #13967)

Veteran

isn't it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut in cubase for midi reset? because if yes, then it would be better to translate a keystroke to that shortcut.

for example if, there is a shortcut like alt-f10 for midi reset in cubase, then you could set any unused key-command in revisit to send exactly that shortcut to the cubase window.

Edited by fegi 2007-07-31 4:00 PM
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-07-31 5:00 PM (#13969 - in reply to #13968)

Expert

hm, right, I somehow had the impression it didn't work, but I tested that ages ago. Right now it seems to work (have alt-1 for that). Ohwell, AHK has the advantage of being able to use the windows key..!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)