Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BUG: Duplicated Keyboard Input
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

lackluster
Posted 2007-07-13 8:57 AM (#13945)
Subject: BUG: Duplicated Keyboard Input

Regular

it seems i have to click not once but something like twice or thrice to be able to make "midi out" stay down (as in go black) in the midi-instrument view. its a kind of an annoyance because i might quickly do something and then wonder why nothing is working - only to find out that my midi-out clicks have not registered in revisit.

also, when i have the capture keys on from right bottom, i tend to get double in F2.

i.e. i put in ^^^
and i get
^^^
^^^

this is extremely silly when i am doing SD2's where any of those cursor ups or downs might result in a double cursorup or doublecursordown, or even the same keys being put in again, it kinda does my head in.

apart from that, very, very nice!
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fegi
Posted 2007-07-13 9:38 PM (#13948 - in reply to #13945)
Subject: RE: "bug" : triple clicks to enable midi-out ? bug: capture keys = double keys

Veteran

hmm...this might be something related to your system. i never noticed such a behaviour with any revisit version on one of my computers.
maybe you have "manual key mode" enabled? revisit seems a bit less responsive then...

greetings,

fegi
lackluster
Posted 2007-07-14 10:23 AM (#13949 - in reply to #13948)
Subject: RE: "bug" : triple clicks to enable midi-out ? bug: capture keys = double keys

Regular

fegi - 2007-07-13 11:38 PM

hmm...this might be something related to your system. i never noticed such a behaviour with any revisit version on one of my computers.
maybe you have "manual key mode" enabled? revisit seems a bit less responsive then...

greetings,

fegi

i have the "capture all keys no matter where they are input" mode on.
fegi
Posted 2007-07-29 6:37 PM (#13957 - in reply to #13949)

Veteran

how does revisit behave when you disable that mode? do you actually need it enabled?

greetings,

fegi
lackluster
Posted 2007-07-31 11:11 AM (#13965 - in reply to #13957)

Regular

revisit works very nicely when i dont have cpature-all-keys on. no duplicates. when i hav capture-all-keys on, i get duplicates.
its fine otherwise. its just that im working with revisit and ableton live to control outboard gear and vst, and i have no access to a quick volume knob or slider physically so id love to be able to play in melodies into revisit, whilst adjusting the efx, but i keep getting double entries in revisit no matter where i keyboard-input.
chrisnash
Posted 2007-08-01 5:59 PM (#13985 - in reply to #13965)

Developer

My suspicions are that reViSiT is getting the data from both the keyboard hook (Manual Mode) and its default mechanism - or perhaps even VST. It doesn't happen for me, but I'll investigate.

Presumably the double-entry doesn't happen when you're working the EFX and auditioning reViSiT - it only happens when you're IN reViSiT?

For the time being, I recommend only enabling Manual Mode when 'away from reViSiT'.

Chris
chrisnash
Posted 2007-09-08 1:59 PM (#14035 - in reply to #13985)

Developer

Hi Esa,

I've messed about with reViSiT in Logic 5 and can't reproduce any doubling of keyboard input with any combination of keyboard modes. Could you let me know you're exact configuration (host, versions, etc.)?

Cheers,
Chris
lackluster
Posted 2007-09-10 4:09 AM (#14039 - in reply to #14035)

Regular

it was ableton live 6.0.1 or 6.0.3 .. im now at 6.0.9 . will check the new revisit version for this.. i havent tried hooking keys to revisit  automatically   in logic, cos logic i can easily set to what i want whereas ableton live is more of a work in progress type thing

chrisnash
Posted 2007-09-10 2:40 PM (#14040 - in reply to #14039)

Developer

I've just tried Live 6.0.10, and can't reproduce the problem - do you still have troubles with this version of Live?

Chris
lackluster
Posted 2007-09-11 5:55 AM (#14046 - in reply to #14040)

Regular

chrisnash - 2007-09-10 4:40 PM I've just tried Live 6.0.10, and can't reproduce the problem - do you still have troubles with this version of Live? Chris

downloading ableton live 6.0.10. ill be giving this and revisit shot tonight when i get from my course.  looking forward to it

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)