Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BUG: Issues with editing Order List during playback.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

lackluster
Posted 2007-07-20 12:38 PM (#13952)
Subject: BUG: Issues with editing Order List during playback.

Regular

ableton live is playing a tune, at around bars156 or sommat - revisit has run out of patterns to play at around ages ago, i go to revisit orderlist and add a new pattern.

the patterns first row starts playing incessantly.

i am forced to stop playback on ableton live, because of revisit doing this.

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2007-08-01 5:20 PM (#13978 - in reply to #13952)
Subject: RE: däkkädäkkä stuff when seq-play & no-pattern in orderlist + insert pattern

Developer

Does reViSiT play normally after restarting playback?

Is it simply the act of inserting the order list entry during playback that produces the problem, or does it happen always at Bar 156?

Chris
lackluster
Posted 2007-08-02 11:05 AM (#13992 - in reply to #13978)
Subject: RE: däkkädäkkä stuff when seq-play & no-pattern in orderlist + insert pattern

Regular

chrisnash - 2007-08-01 7:20 PM Does reViSiT play normally after restarting playback? Is it simply the act of inserting the order list entry during playback that produces the problem, or does it happen always at Bar 156? Chris

revisit plays normally after restart of playback. the act of inserting an orderlist entry  after an empty orderlist row, has a 50/50 chance that the next pattern the orderlist plays, will only start playing the first row, and looping it. its a very cumbersome bug.

it either happens that it starts stuttering the first row, or it doesnt. i couldnt figure out why it happens sometimes and why it doesnt happen sometimes. its pretty hard to diskwrite songs when you cant be sure that after a empty orderlist row, that the next pattern will play properly instead of just stuttering the first row.

chrisnash
Posted 2007-09-08 2:28 PM (#14036 - in reply to #13992)
Subject: RE: BUG: Issues with editing Order List during playback.

Developer

Hi Esa,

Before playback, reViSiT precomputes the playlist - an internal ordering of *row* playback that accounts for not only the order, but pattern effects (e.g. Cxx, SBx) and pattern lengths. These calculations take enough time so that if they are done during playback, they can cause stuttering and even instability - so they are generally not. However, you can force a recomputation at any time, by pressing Ctrl-I. Please let me know if you suffer any problems with forcing recomputation.

All the best,
Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)