Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FEATURE: Cubase Marker Import
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

CS_TBL
Posted 2007-07-30 4:36 PM (#13962)
Subject: FEATURE: Cubase Marker Import

Expert

Here's what I'm doing atm. I cut a Disney comic into seperate frames (each picture apart!), so I've 117 pictures in this case, then I dragged them into Vegas to make them into a movie, so that's more or less an animated movie without animation. Then I'll use this video to compose to. It's an experment, every piece of music needs to have some kinda storyline, and I'm not really a storyteller, so I just picked a comic about Scrooge McDuck. ^_^

Problem is that it's very labor-intensive to check on all the transitions (going from one picture to another) being right. So I'd wonder whether the VST standard allows to copy cubase markers and do something with 'em. For example, you could show a small indication of a marker inside the rev.pattern editor, at the relevant row. That would speed up things greatly. Naturally these markers are to be dynamic so that they go away when I delete them, and they move when I change the host tempo.
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2007-08-01 5:55 PM (#13984 - in reply to #13962)
Subject: RE: cubase markers to revisit

Developer

I fear the answer is no. The VST standard is pretty basic in that regard. I'll investigate more exhaustively when I look into syncing time signature with pattern highlight.

Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-08-01 5:59 PM (#13986 - in reply to #13962)
Subject: Re: cubase markers to revisit

Expert

How about VST2?
chrisnash
Posted 2007-08-01 6:20 PM (#13988 - in reply to #13986)
Subject: Re: cubase markers to revisit

Developer

You mean VST3 (we're already on VST 2.3)?

It'll probably be a while before I migrate, depending on whether VST3 plug-ins work in VST2 hosts. Steinberg has yet to even release an SDK, and I haven't moved to VST2.4 yet - because of compatibility fears with older hosts (e.g. Logic). As far as I can tell, VST3 doesn't add anything like the functionality we'd need anyway, so I figure: what's there to gain?

Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)