Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

forum structure
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

CS_TBL
Posted 2007-08-26 5:28 PM (#14025)
Subject: forum structure

Expert

I've the impression that ideas/suggestions/bugs are going to be all scattered around the place. How about bringing in some structure by c/p'ing individual suggestions into a special sticky suggestions thread, in which they are numbered/indexed, so that everyone can see what's been requested already. Additionally, you can add for each suggestion whether it's implemented, rejected or put away for later consideration.

So, it works like this:

Someone (e.g. me, fegi etc.) donates a suggestion in that thread, you as moderator c/p's that suggestion into the first post (which has all suggestions listed) and add comments (implemented, rejected, put away for later), and perhaps a brief comment. Then the original post by the poster is deleted and the whole procedure starts over again.

Another option would be to create a (members-only) Wiki somewhere where all suggestions would be listed in a Wiki'ish way, I could even manage that myself.

Same for bugs, concept screenshots, howto's, and other relevant stuff.

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fegi
Posted 2007-08-26 6:50 PM (#14026 - in reply to #14025)
Subject: RE: forum structure

Veteran

+1

sounds like a very good idea...
chrisnash
Posted 2007-08-29 10:49 AM (#14027 - in reply to #14026)
Subject: RE: forum structure

Developer

Hi Guys,

Actually, I'd noticed similar problems a while ago and have begun working on a dedicated feature request/bug tracking mechanism to run alongside the forum (hence the forum's move to nashnet.co.uk and the engine change). It's in the early (but promising) stages of development at the moment, so if you want to instigate some form of implicit feature/bug template in the meantime, to make it easier to search for them, then go right ahead!

All the best,
Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)