Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v0.92 Beta released!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

lackluster
Posted 2008-03-06 11:36 PM (#14157 - in reply to #14156)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v0.92 Beta released!

Regular

Cyclus - 2008-03-05 1:42 PM Hi guys, I just wanted to say THANKS to all of you developers, I have been creating beats with IT for years now and still have my Pentium 500 cause it has DOS-mode for running IT. I tried Renoise, but the later versions didn't support the IT keyboardmapping.XML anymore. Schismtracker offered me a great alternative and then I stumbeled upon revisit. You did a great job at the keymapping, great that it is identical and as comes as a VSTplug! That's all, I will keep using it and supporting. Greetings from the Netherlands, Cyclus

please tell me about  " IT keyboardmapping.XML". do you have it? i've been feeling stumped with schism not doing midi without crashing, providing me no sampledrawing, etc, and revisit , i keep reaching for stuff that i want to function like IT  but then doesnt, and i know thats not chris's priority (+ i cant afford to buy a machine that'd run it without the tar)

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2008-03-07 11:10 AM (#14158 - in reply to #14157)

Developer

Hi Esa,

Can you start a new thread, which lists all the IT/reViSiT discrepancies you've noticed, one by one? I'll let you know what the policy and priority is on each, and this will allow other people to comment on whether the features are important to them too.

In the meantime, I'm already planning to add the swing and pitch/pan features to reViSiT for the next public release.

All the best,
Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2008-03-07 1:32 PM (#14159 - in reply to #14158)
Subject: Re: reViSiT v0.92 Beta released!

Expert

volume swing \o/

Random delay \?/
Fixed delay \?/
Cyclus
Posted 2008-03-10 3:02 PM (#14161 - in reply to #14158)

New user

please tell me about " IT keyboardmapping.XML". do you have it? i've been feeling stumped with schism not doing midi without crashing, providing me no sampledrawing, etc, and revisit , i keep reaching for stuff that i want to function like IT but then doesnt, and i know thats not chris's priority (+ i cant afford to buy a machine that'd run it without the tar)

Hi lackluster,

I have the keyboard.XML for the buttonmapping of IT, but not for Revisit, since the mapping is already almost identical I don't need it. I have the keyboard.XML for the program Renoise, which you probably heard of. Some guy mapped the keys similair to IT. After Renoise 1.3 or so, the mapping didn't work no more and I stopped using the software and escaped back to DOS. Schism is limited, but a really great alternative for IT to run in other environments than DOS. As for midi, never tried it in Schism or Revisit, so can't help you with that.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)