Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Request: set pattern length globally
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

Arnor Heidar
Posted 2007-12-04 11:02 PM (#14113)
Subject: Request: set pattern length globally

It would be great if it was possible to set the pattern length globally for all patterns (F2) - this used to be possible in Impulse Tracker using ctrl+F2 .. you could specify a range for it to be applied on.

This would be great because often I'm making a song in strange subdivision (3/4, 5/4) so I keep changing all the patterns' lengths

Best wishes,
Arnor
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2007-12-05 3:25 PM (#14114 - in reply to #14113)
Subject: RE: Request: set pattern length globally

Developer

Since v0.91: Each time you apply Pattern Options, reViSiT records them as the current default, allowing you to use Ctrl+F2 to instantly apply them to whatever pattern you might subsequently be on. This is how IT2's behaviour was recently described to me, but I haven't checked myself.

It looks like pattern-level editing is an area that should be explored at some point (global options, pattern copying, highlighting, time signatures, MIDI-triggering). Currently, though, the priorities are on the existing features, stability and getting out of beta...!

Chris
arnorhs
Posted 2007-12-05 11:13 PM (#14116 - in reply to #14113)
Subject: Re: Request: set pattern length globally

Great, that should make it a bit faster to work with. But so that you know, IT had two different pattern length dialogs... one was detailed (accessed by pressing F2 in the pattern editor) and offered setting up pattern row hightlight minor and major, you could set the length of the pattern, edit step and more... This is the one most people know about.

The other only had the pattern length and a range selector, for what nr. patterns should be affected (accessed by pressing ctrl+F2)

Of course, I like your priorities, I just wanted to get that thing out of my system

Keep up the really good work!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)