Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v0.92.1 Beta released!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2008-03-13 1:24 AM (#14162)
Subject: reViSiT v0.92.1 Beta released!

Developer

Hi Everyone,

It is my pleasure to deliver reViSiT v0.92.1 Beta, featuring numerous updates and improvements, such as:

• Feedback and Crash Report Features
    Using Ctrl+# or the speech bubble icon (bottom right), you can now send me your thoughts, comments, bug reports and suggestions directly from reViSiT, with the additional option of including a screenshot, technical data or even pattern data. Furthermore, a similar screen will popup in the event that reViSiT becomes unstable, enabling you to send debug data that will help identify where the problem occurred, and also allowing you to briefly comment on what you were doing at the time.
  • Audio Performance and Quality Improvements
    Yet more profiling and optimizing, as well as a new compiler, have led to a lighter memory and CPU load and code that can take advantage of technologies in specific processors (e.g. SSE, SIMD, etc.). Improvements in audio quality also come from an overhaul of the volume ramping code.
  • Volume/Panning Swing and Pitch-based Panning
    These features complete the Impulse Tracker instrument model: swing helps add a little randomness to volume and panning settings, and pitch-based panning can be useful for broadening the spatial presence of instruments (e.g. having low notes on the left and high on the right, as a pianist might hear from their instrument).
  • Minor bug fixes
    A slightly more robust MIDI architecture should reduce the possibility of hanging notes and also allow for chord playback when auditioning MIDI instruments. The new code also supports troublesome hosts (notably REAPER) a little better. A number of small, non-critical glitches have also been smoothed over.
  • [ Professional Edition Update ]
    v0.92.1 Pro greatly benefits from the optimisations mentioned above, meaning that the addition of surround sound and assignable outputs now comes at minimal cost to CPU load. Internally, reViSiT Pro processes over 64 simultaneous 5.1 audio channels (minimum 384 discrete channels, total), each routeable, through one of four methods, to any of 16 5.1 outputs (and additional 96 discrete channels, total). By comparison the Standard Edition is 64+ channels of stereo audio and one bus (129 discrete channels, total).

For full details and many more changes, please read the release notes and download reViSiT v0.92.1 Beta from http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/download.htm.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pose them on the forum, and I’ll try to answer you as quickly as possible. For more information, see the reViSiT website @ http://revisit.nashnet.co.uk.

Enjoy!

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
onukore
Posted 2008-03-13 7:05 PM (#14163 - in reply to #14162)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v0.92.1 Beta released!

hi chris
great job
i love your soft
how can i have the pro version ?
i want to buy it but how?
i use it on aodix (perfect complement) but i need multiout ....rebus
and french keybord support and midi support on sample pages f3 i can' t listen sample when i press midikeybord
and can you make the rettrig fx like renoise(like time strech)
tnaks and great works

fegi
Posted 2008-03-21 9:57 AM (#14175 - in reply to #14162)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v0.92.1 Beta released!

Veteran

hey chris!

when i looked through the keyboard shortcuts i noticed 2 things:

i can't get the following keyboard shortcuts to work (and actually don't know what they are supposed to do?):

Enter - Default Row
Ctrl-G - Pattern Editor Cursor Guide

I also noticed that when you set a manual undo checkpoint with alt-bksp maybe some info text should be shown in the bottom info line (that the checkpoint was successfully set).

Oh yeah...and btw so far it is a real pleasure to track with 0.92.1! the performance improvements are definately noticeable

greetings,

fegi
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)