Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Newbie keyboard issues...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

thcjunkee
Posted 2008-03-14 5:08 AM (#14164)
Subject: Newbie keyboard issues...

New user

Okay, so I am a newbie, not only to revisit, but to tracking in general and also to using DAWs. In a nutshell, I'm way over my head. That said, I start by asking questions that I think I should have been able to figure out.

How do I close the window via the keyboard? I know I can press the close window 'X' with the mouse. I understand the basics regarding conflict between the host (in my case, the current version of Reaper) and I learned about Ctrl-Alt-K. I enabled the option in Reaper to send all keystrokes to the plug-in. So I play in revisit for a bit and I'm ready to do something in Reaper and I start wildly hitting the Esc key to no avail. I learned how to toggle mute on track four! I browsed the forums and the documentation for a bit, but no joy there.

My difficulty is compounded by revisit's always on top by default behavior. I found the little padlock, so I can turn that off but I would like the window to come up without this setting is enabled. Did I miss something here?

So, since I don't know if I'm overlooking something or if there is a problem sending the proper keystrokes through to the plug-in I figured I would ask.

BTW, Chris, I want to start by thanking you for making revisit available. Tracking as a means of control just makes sense to me and I am hoping to be able to integrate revisit into the workflow I'm creating as I (finally) learn to use this wonderful technology to express myself using the one instrument that I haven't seemed to have gotten bored with before attaining any useful level of proficiency: the computer.

Peace... Mark
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fegi
Posted 2008-03-14 9:11 AM (#14165 - in reply to #14164)
Subject: RE: Newbie keyboard issues...

Veteran

hi thcjunkee!

first of all: welcome to the forum

How do I close the window via the keyboard? I know I can press the close window 'X' with the mouse. I understand the basics regarding conflict between the host (in my case, the current version of Reaper) and I learned about Ctrl-Alt-K. I enabled the option in Reaper to send all keystrokes to the plug-in. So I play in revisit for a bit and I'm ready to do something in Reaper and I start wildly hitting the Esc key to no avail. I learned how to toggle mute on track four! I browsed the forums and the documentation for a bit, but no joy there.

i'm also a reaper user - be sure to dock revisit in reapers docker. now you can toggle the visibility of revisit by hitting ctrl - alt - r.

My difficulty is compounded by revisit's always on top by default behavior. I found the little padlock, so I can turn that off but I would like the window to come up without this setting is enabled. Did I miss something here?

afaik the window is by default on top - but i guess now that you know the correct keystroke it should not be a problem at all, since you can quickly hide it.

So, since I don't know if I'm overlooking something or if there is a problem sending the proper keystrokes through to the plug-in I figured I would ask.

i made myself an overview of the revisit keys some time ago (which i'm pretty sure i grabbed from this site somewhere, but can't find it now) - however - im sure it will be of help for you too there were some shortcuts introduced or modified in the latest revisit versions. maybe i find some time to update that document in the next week.

greetings,

fegi
thcjunkee
Posted 2008-03-14 11:31 AM (#14166 - in reply to #14164)
Subject: Re: Newbie keyboard issues...

New user

now you can toggle the visibility of revisit by hitting ctrl - alt - r.

wow. that works from any application whenever revisit is runing! I didn't expect that. excellent... just what I was looking for. thank you very much for this, fegi. also for the key list. It's good to know reaper users are represented on this forum, too.

peace... Mark
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)