Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I like ReViSiT!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

oleksus
Posted 2008-12-14 1:21 PM (#14407)
Subject: I like ReViSiT!

New user

I wanted to thank you Chris, for this awesome program, it's like a dream to see this wonderful proggy at work tied with a VST host! I have long ago used Impulse Tracker2 extensively, and nothing so far has ever beat it in usability and workflow. Recently I have also used Renoise, but it went overboard with tracker interface features while still not allowing regular wave track sequencing.
(only Buzz tracker has stayed true to simplicity of tracker approach but buzz is a different story, cause it's more like a modular synth.)

For a computer musician (who isn't usend to handling much hardware gear and stuff) there is no better way to compose music than in a tracker. Whoever tried trackers, knows that this is true.

I'm writing guitar oriented music now, and using Tracktion3 a lot, but it has always been enormously tedious to program drum and sample tracks, because in terms of those, Tracktion is - just like every other sequencer out there - awkward and flat-footed.

Now being able to hook up an actual tracker inside a sequencer, it feels like unleashing all the craziest ideas I've had about tracking along with guitar and bass.

I think ReViSiT deserves much more publicity and attention, because it's truly a very flexible and creative tool for computer musicians. So, spread the word!

Wish you all the best with your projects.
Cheers!
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)