Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v1.00.2 Pro now available.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2008-12-21 1:08 AM (#14429)
Subject: reViSiT v1.00.2 Pro now available.

Developer

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that v1.00.2 Pro is now available from http://experiment.nashnet.co.uk, and has been issued to address crashes people are getting when loading/editing samples/instruments during playback.

Let me know how you go!
Chris
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-19 8:12 PM (#14444 - in reply to #14429)
Subject: weird problems

Hi! This new version is good - i Like the documentation too , but Revisit has some serious errors.
I even created a html-page to describe "these weird" errors I met using FL Studio8.

You can see my error reports here: http://www.freeweb.hu/rpee/revisit_pro/revisit_testing.htm

I am trying to use revisit in acid pro 6 with slight results, maybe in acid pro 7 (i wil upgrade in the future) it will be better.....

Regards
Arpad
chrisnash
Posted 2009-01-20 8:52 AM (#14445 - in reply to #14444)
Subject: RE: weird problems

Developer

Hi Arpad,

Not seen that one before! Impressive. I'll take a look when I get the chance. I might get that chance soon, but there won't be a new release until my main computer arrives from England. In the meantime, can you send me the offending .it and .wav files, by email?

Cheers,
Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-01-20 5:50 PM (#14447 - in reply to #14445)
Subject: Re: reViSiT v1.00.2 Pro now available.

Expert

'from' England?
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-20 9:17 PM (#14448 - in reply to #14445)

Hi Chris! I Updated my error page here : http://www.freeweb.hu/rpee/revisit_pro/revisit_testing.htm
from this page you can download the choir.wav and the .it file and the corrupted .zip .
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-01-20 11:51 PM (#14449 - in reply to #14448)

Expert

Oh rite, I see your location has changed! Does this mean you get to improve the random delays right from the source of the issue? :P
chrisnash
Posted 2009-01-21 12:17 PM (#14450 - in reply to #14448)

Developer

Thanks, Arpad. I'll take a look tonight, when I get home from work.

CS_TBL: Yeah, something like that. Though, I'm more taking a peek at accessibility in Steinberg products, with a current focus on improving keyboard support.

Best,
Chris
chrisnash
Posted 2009-01-21 6:35 PM (#14451 - in reply to #14447)

Developer

Arpad:

'Had a look at CHOIR.wav. Yeah, weirdness there, but has something to do with the WAV file itself - it messes Sony Sound Forge up too... bits of the wave file appear to move around the file when you change the zoom level!

*switches virus killer on*

The samples in the .IT seem to suffer the same problem, though obviously I can't test them in Sound Forge. I'll investigate further, but it might only result in me adding an error message, when such encodings are identified. Other IT files that I have seem to work fine.

I've yet to hunt through any crash reports since moving to Germany, in wait of my main dev. computer, but hopefully I can patch the crash. Indeed, I have one possibly-related minor fix lying in wait.

All the best,
Chris
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-22 5:41 PM (#14453 - in reply to #14451)

Hi Chris,
It's strange what you say about the wave file & sound forge,
because I have Goldwave and it plays and shows and saves this wav normally. Moreover Acid and Fruityloops has no problem with it at all.

To speak about that actual it-file, I think i saved it with some version of Impulse tracker long time ago but I'm not 100% sure. I will keep trying ...

All the best
Arpad
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-01-22 7:22 PM (#14454 - in reply to #14453)

Expert

I could load and play the choir.wav in soundforge (5) and winamp (2.8)

Oh, and it sounds like the opening choir from The Simpsons ^__^
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-22 9:40 PM (#14455 - in reply to #14454)

Nice sample but sometimes i think playing with vsti softwares gives better results than fiddling with these samples....
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-01-22 10:37 PM (#14456 - in reply to #14455)

Expert

I've never even used Rev's own sample player.. :P
chrisnash
Posted 2009-01-23 9:02 AM (#14457 - in reply to #14456)

Developer

When I load it in SF7, it seems to look okay, except there seems to be a stretch of silence in the middle - splitting the waveform preview in two. When I zoom in, the length and position of this silence moves around the wave and changes size! Quite possibly, it'll play, but I wouldn't be comfortable working with it. Very weird.

Chris
Reactor Grits
Posted 2009-01-23 10:51 AM (#14458 - in reply to #14429)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v1.00.2 Pro now available.

Regular

since you guys are talking the sample list anyway, I had a problem as well which I fixed but left me wondering. Is it true the sample list can't load 32-bit wav files (yet)? I had one that kept disappearing everytime I loaded the project up, and when I converted it to 16-bit it suddenly stayed. I guess 32-bit samples will be supported in the future though? For the rest no complaints at - all!
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-23 7:43 PM (#14459 - in reply to #14457)

I will forget samples for a while, unfortunately Revisit is a bit weak in this area.
Anyone can tell me how to use the midi out of revisit to play vst instruments inside FLSTUDIO8 ?
I Know the manual covers this, but I can't figure out how does it work. I made channel setup and activated midi out,
and set one of my vsti to that input channel but have no sound at all....
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-23 8:05 PM (#14460 - in reply to #14459)

I managed to trigger the vsti but the overall sound volume is too low, I can't understand why.
I play the vsti itself - it's volume is OK. Then i play it from revisit - it's almost whispering... The first time i couldn't hear that ...
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-23 8:22 PM (#14461 - in reply to #14460)

Ok, then it works. It's good to play a wusikstation drumset from Revisit's tracker interface. I saved the whole project, and was no problem with reopening.
COOOOL.
Arpad
Posted 2009-01-25 5:48 PM (#14462 - in reply to #14457)
Subject: My New VSTI problem with Revisit

Hi Chris, I have recently updated my error page with a new problem description.
You can find it the same place (http://www.freeweb.hu/rpee/revisit_pro/revisit_testing.htm)
I don't know if it's a real problem, but it makes harder to use the midi out capabilities of your Superb program.

All the Best
Arpad

chrisnash
Posted 2009-02-20 8:45 PM (#14474 - in reply to #14462)
Subject: RE: My New VSTI problem with Revisit

Developer

Hi Arpad,

I've had a chance to look at your excellent bug report page, and delve into your problems. The first problem(s) I've tracked it down to a mismatch of signed/unsigned values when saving 8-bit waves. This is fixed in the forthcoming v1.00.3.

The crash you had while audition samples has been experienced by a few other people, and with the help of crash reports, I've tracked down two places in the code where interaction with the sample list was interfering with data as it was being used by the playback engine. These thread safety issues are also fixed in the next update.

For your last / most recent issue, concerning VSTi/MIDI control in FL Studio, I ran a test a was able to confirm that the MIDI channel set by reViSiT is not interfered with by FL. However, you should note that setting a different MIDI channel will not get FL Studio to route the message to a different MIDI port automatically. The "VST Host" output device, in reViSiT, links with a single port in your host, and transmits up to 16 MIDI channels to that one port. The idea is that some MIDI device/ports can be "multitimbral" and synthesize multiple instruments themselves. Your situation sounds more like you have not got one multitimbral synth, but are using more than one synth, each connected on a different MIDI port. What you need to do is split the MIDI channels on reViSiT's MIDI output device/port between two separate ports, which should be possible - but I don't know FL Studio that well. In principle, you have three options:

* Option 1: Link reViSiT's one input port to both your VSTi's input ports to . This will copy all of the 16 MIDI channels from reViSiT to both instruments - then what you need to tell each VSTi to only listen to a specific MIDI channel (to filter out the rest). The difficulty here is that not all VSTi's are going to allow you to specify the MIDI input channel. However, you can, instead...

* Option 2: Link reViSiT's one output port to two instances of a MIDI filter plugin (e.g. FL plugin or VSTi), each linked to one of your VSTi's. You tell the filter to strip out (filter) the channels you don't want passed on, in each case - set one filter to only listen on one channel, and the other to do so on... ur, the other. Because you can set different MIDI output ports for each filter plugin, you are able to split the MIDI channels between different MIDI ports.

* Option 3: Use several MIDI loopback drivers (e.g. using LoopBe30), to send each instrument in reViSiT out on a separate (virtual) MIDI output device/port - i.e. not using the "VST Host" output device, in reViSiT. Each of these outputs are automatically "looped back" to appear as separate MIDI input ports in FL Studio. For more information, there is a section in the reViSIT help file on loopback drivers.

'Hope this helps. I hope to have the fixed version of reViSiT out in the next few days.

All the best,
Chris

Arpad
Posted 2009-02-21 7:52 PM (#14475 - in reply to #14474)
Subject: RE: My New VSTI problem with Revisit

Hi! Thanks for reading through my "problems page".
You really got the point, that I am trying to control different VSTI softwares or more instances of one synth (e.g. three instances of Zebra 2.3 - it's awesome) from Revisit.
I will examine the options you described in your answer to reach this goal. If I find some solutions, I will let you know.

Apart from this, I think SAMPLE/INSTRUMENT Playback
is the main feature of Revisit, so i'm eagerly waiting for the new release with less sample related crashes.

Regards
Arpad
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)