Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Things i miss in this awesome software.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

rafa1981
Posted 2009-02-26 9:25 PM (#14491)
Subject: Things i miss in this awesome software.

This message is for Chris, i'm tired of making my request with the web feedback.

The first thing of course, is to congratulate you, is a really good piece of software that fits in the actual sequencers. You already know that.

Every feature i was asking with the web feedback form is implemented (multi-out, MIDI pattern triggering, etc...), now we all of us, the ones that we are really used to old-style tracking we have a really fast way to use samples in our projects, even a drummachine. I always preferred tracking-style to do my samplework, i'm happy with that.

I'm hearing new feature requests, that for my opinion aren't really necessary, i think that would be nice that the work now be focused to make the program lighter, faster and reliable, now is the moment, when we have all implemented and working, but it is only my opinion of course.

In the use i gave to revisit i was globally satisfied, but there are two important things that slow me down:

I rescued my big sample library from the IT days, and when i was navigating in my library inside revisit, i could't hear a preview of the sample, now if you are designing a drum pattern and you want to put a snare that fits in, you have to load each sample one by one, and if it's not located in the root of your library you have to navigate 2 or three folders, search it, try another one, navigate again, search which is the next etc.

A custom file explorer could be harder to implement than the File selector that the API provides (don't know what language you use), but in this case it's really necessary to have a custom file explorer, i think that it's the most necessary feature for this monster, and one because if have thrown away a lot of sample related VST's, trackers and programs.

Because that:

FEATURE REQUEST 1: Custom library/sample explorer/selector, with "preview" and "in song preview".

Another one, if you have a bunch of samples at 44100, and all of them are sampled in a diferent note, you have to be able to tune it in the sample editor, changing the root note, now you can do it manually, but i remember that in IT you could change the frequency/speed of a sample in semitone intervals to tune them easily. It is already documented in ReViSit for octaves, don't know if works because i'm having the keyboard, "+ and -" and "[ and ]" issue in my laptop with Spanish keyboard layout, but it is really easy to implement.

FEATURE REQUEST 2: In the sample editor, when you are setting the sample speed you would be have to be able to change the base speed of the sample in semitone intervals, i think that was done in the original IT with "Alt" + "+", or Alt + "-",

The next ones would be nice to have it, but not top priority.

FEATURE REQUEST 3: Doubling or halving the patter resolution, explained in other way, the speed at whitch the line is travelling down, the reason is to be able to insert 1/32 and 1/64 notes. When you are working at 80 bpm this feature could be important.

FEATURE REQUEST 4: Derived from request 3, int IT was possible to double or halve the selection length. It was done selecting in the pattern editor and with "Alt-F" and "Alt-G".

And that's it, with this and a lighter CPU use it wouldn't be no more needs for the crying baby, i would buy this program lightning fast, even when I have the pro edition of the university study.

Hope that you find this post helpfull Chris, thanks for the soft again.

PS: Excuse some weird span-glish expressions if there are

Edited by rafa1981 2009-02-26 9:33 PM
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rafa1981
Posted 2009-02-26 9:49 PM (#14494 - in reply to #14491)
Subject: Re: Things i miss in this awesome software.

OK, navigating the forum I know that the FIRST and the THIRD issue are on schedule after the bug/stability issues (as it should be), perfect.
chrisnash
Posted 2009-03-03 3:41 PM (#14512 - in reply to #14494)
Subject: Re: Things i miss in this awesome software.

Developer

SECOND is a possible future modification, and FOURTH is already in reViSiT.

Best,
Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)