Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sample editor issues
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

Reactor Grits
Posted 2009-03-22 1:32 PM (#14613)
Subject: Sample editor issues

Regular

Hey Chris,

I'd like to address some small issues I have with the sample editor. I'm using this a lot lately (to save midi channels as main reason) and I'm trying to use the capabilities now available like normalizing etc. And here's where I run into my first issue:
After normalizing a sample I can't change tabs anymore (by pressing f2 or f4 for example) nor press escape to return to the pattern editor. This only works again when I restart ReViSiT with the project.
Second, specific 32 and 24 bit samples I try to load up in the editor still don't show up, I uploaded a specific sample which is recorded through cool edit pro 2 with 32-bit float on 192000 Hz as example: example
For the rest ReViSiT is getting tighter than ever, especially since the midi pattern offset was fixed in 1.008. To me all I actually need in it now is the enabling of the options in the sample editor bottom right which are currently greyed out, and setting looppoints and selections by mouse. Just throwing in my 5 cents of a kickass addition to me

Many thanks in advance!
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2009-03-23 9:47 AM (#14615 - in reply to #14613)
Subject: RE: Sample editor issues

Developer

Hi RG,

Re: Sample Normalisation

I can confirm that closing the Normalise prompt with the mouse fails to release the interface back to reViSiT. They'll be a fix shortly, but I recommend sticking to keyboard interaction for now.

Re: Sample format support

I haven't had a chance to test this, as my Internet connection was down yesterday, but I don't think reViSiT supports floating-point encoded samples yet. If that's so, and it's trivial to implement, I'll try to add it for the next update, but otherwise, you'll need to convert it to normal integer 32-bit.

'Hope this helps,

Best,
Chris

Reactor Grits
Posted 2009-03-23 11:07 AM (#14616 - in reply to #14613)

Regular

wicked, thanks for looking into this man!
Reactor Grits
Posted 2009-04-09 10:33 AM (#14642 - in reply to #14615)

Regular

chrisnash - 2009-03-23 10:47 AM

I can confirm that closing the Normalise prompt with the mouse fails to release the interface back to reViSiT. They'll be a fix shortly, but I recommend sticking to keyboard interaction for now.

Another thingie I discovered: when I try to normalize without touching the mouse, it actually doesn't normalize the sample (by hitting yes with enter upon the 'normalize?' popup) but just jumps back to the sample editor without having normalized the sample in the first place. Hence I used the mouse for this which I normally wouldn't in the first place
chrisnash
Posted 2009-04-09 6:45 PM (#14643 - in reply to #14642)

Developer

Don't worry - already caught that one, too. 'Am hoping to have v1.00.9 out this weekend, featuring (among other things) the new keyboard handler in use throughout reViSiT, in preparation for user-configurable keyboard shortcuts.

Best,
Chris
Reactor Grits
Posted 2009-04-10 9:07 AM (#14644 - in reply to #14613)

Regular

cool, looking forward to it!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)