Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Research -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v1.1.4 Pro update released
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> ResearchMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2009-06-19 11:41 PM (#14771)
Subject: reViSiT v1.1.4 Pro update released

Developer

Hi everyone,

Just a minor update this time around; reViSiT v1.1.4 Pro adds a couple of tweaks and fixes, and should clear up any confusion about the two v1.1.3 builds. The majority of crash reports I get these days (which aren't frequent!) seem to point to an occassional thread-safety problem between sample playback and sample list interaction - and this release has some tweaks that should help.

Download reViSiT v1.1.3 Pro from http://www.nashnet.co.uk/experiment/download.asp.
(not registered? Register for free, as part of the reViSiT Experiment)

Enjoy!,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
sceyefeye
Posted 2009-08-27 12:11 PM (#14801 - in reply to #14771)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v1.1.4 Pro update released

hey Chris just been over at the "main revisit page" and I see that you have posted a screen shot of 1.2 any hints as to when you might have this puppy ready to take for a walk?Also wondering if you have plans for a 64 bit version? I ask this as I am toying with going 64 bit in Reaper and obviously need a 64 bit version to support that
chrisnash
Posted 2009-08-28 3:05 PM (#14802 - in reply to #14801)

Developer

I'm hoping to get 1.2 out in the next week or two. I've largely completed the HR / HD facilities, but need to check the experiment code will account and work with the new features.

As for 64-bit, there are no immediate plans for 64-bit reViSiT version - but you should not require one if you upgrade to a 64-bit host: 32-bit plugins should still run in 64-bit hosts, with little or no penalty - though I haven't tested reViSiT specifically. You won't get access to >4GB of memory, in reViSiT, of course.

Best,
Chris
chrisnash
Posted 2009-08-28 3:24 PM (#14804 - in reply to #14802)

Developer

CORRECTION: I have done some more digging, and it appears that some 32-bit plugins do have problems with 64-bit hosts. There's nothing to stop a 64-bit host manufacturer providing such support, but it looks like some attempts aren't fully matured yet. The problems appear to lie with the "bit bridge", though there are some third-party ones out there (e.g. "Jbridge Z"), so perhaps some workarounds. I have little information about how reViSiT functions in 64-bit hosts, but I'll try to look into it when I get the chance.

Has anyone had any experiences of reViSiT in a 64-bit host?

Chris
sceyefeye
Posted 2009-08-31 7:53 AM (#14810 - in reply to #14804)

well I know that Reaper 64 bit now has a built in bridge for 32bit VST which is something I am looking forward to driving soon, gotta take my netbook (yeah stupid name for a laptop that didn't come with install disks.......) in to get Vista put back on. Damn no cheap OEM upgrade to win7

Wanna go 64 bit for the RAM. Hopefully get onto this soon and then I can report back

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)