Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1.3?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

Offensive Newbie
Posted 2009-11-27 6:39 PM (#14905)
Subject: 1.3?

How are things going with 1.3? Any ideas when shall we expect to have it and what kind of nice features are there in 1.3?.

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2009-11-29 4:45 PM (#14906 - in reply to #14905)
Subject: RE: 1.3?

Developer

I have a number of things shortlisted for 1.3, but I might have to triage a few, to fit with my research schedule - so I'm not ready to announce anything just yet. However, I hope to have something in your stockings, ready for Christmas.

What I'd like to do is add features that will benefit newcomers to the program, and to tracking in general. So, one thing that's likely to be included is more support for working with the mouse - though in a way that should help users discover and learn the keyboard shortcuts.

If anyone has some suggestions in this regard, I'd be delighted to hear them!

Best,
Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-11-29 5:19 PM (#14907 - in reply to #14906)
Subject: Re: 1.3?

Expert

Did I hear someone asking for features there? ;P

* Something I really really want is a 'percussion' status bit in the instrument list, for both own instruments and midi out. An instrument with that bit switched on won't be transposed in blocks that also contain non-percussion sounds. Would be very handy to transpose whole sections without having to transpose the drums back afterwards. I've been requesting this feature all the way back @ Jeffrey Lim already for IT2.. ^^

* Copy "instrument name" to "channel title", with a specific key

* Insert/delete column among all patterns

* Multiple pattern copy

* Sort instrument list (in the same fashion IT2 did)

Something else. Once rev was made with Object Pascal iirc, was that done with that Tobybear devkit? There's a specific midi plugin I really want (in the midi insert section of cubase), but no one seems to be making it, and i can't get that devkit working here for some reason. If I make a complete design of it, with all features layed out, is there a chance you'd be able to code it? :P It's basically just custom look-up tables for CC's, including +/- LUTs for PB.
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-11-29 5:30 PM (#14908 - in reply to #14907)

Expert

Oh, mouse things.. bummer .. ;P

I dunno, to support a mouse in a pattern editor is a bit like having 'flute' support for a piano. ^^
sceyefeye
Posted 2009-12-15 9:47 AM (#14926 - in reply to #14908)

CS_TBL - 2009-11-29 6:30 PM Oh, mouse things.. bummer .. ;P I dunno, to support a mouse in a pattern editor is a bit like having 'flute' support for a piano. ^^

ROTFL - brilliant quote

Yeah kinda have to agree, mouse is fine for some things, but I have to say that mice and tracking just don't seem to work within the same mind-set though horses for courses and if it makes things easier and adds to the user-base good and well

whatever you bring out Chris, I am sure it is going to be quite interesting and fun and probably useful too :D

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)