Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT v1.3 Pro now available!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2009-12-19 7:11 PM (#14952)
Subject: reViSiT v1.3 Pro now available!

Developer

Hello everyone,

It is my great pleasure to announce reViSiT v1.3 Pro, delivering a huge step forward in tracker usability – making reViSiT not only much easier to use but also much easier to learn, without compromising the fluid user experience already enjoyed by reViSiT’s more-practiced composers!
So, if you aren’t hooked on tracking yet, or have friends who are haven’t heard about the best thing since sliced sequencing; now’s the time to download – as reViSiT now boasts...
  • Comprehensive mouse editing and data entry...
    With so many features and keys to learn, trackers can be daunting. So, in reViSiT 1.3, you can now enter and edit your music, using the mouse. With new widgets for selecting pitch, instrument, volume, panning, depth and even effects, it’s easy to learn what everything does. With a flexible new drag-n’-drop feature, you can directly manipulate and arrange your music. And with the new right-click editing menu, you don’t have to look up features in the manual and work out the keyboard shortcut.
  • Graphical representations and visual guidelines
    The tracker pattern, a big page full of text, can also be off-putting. So, reViSiT now includes an Info Bar ('?'), that graphically shows what everything in the pattern does – using a piano keyboard for pitch, visual scales for volume and spatialisation, and visual explanations and scales for each of the many different effects. Choose a note or number and see the description, as well as the current value, which can be edited directly with the mouse.
  • New methods to discover new methods...
    With new menus for editing and data entry, you can now browse through the various musical possibilities afforded by reViSiT. Discover not only new features, but also new ways of interacting – start in you own time, with the mouse; then get into flow, using the keyboard with the menu mneumonics (e.g. Alt or Menu, to open the menu, then ‘F’, to select File); and then step it up a gear, learning the keyboard shortcuts, which are also shown, in the menu.
Check the release notes for a full list of changes, but otherwise let me know how you get on! 

Download reViSiT v1.3 Pro from http://www.nashnet.co.uk/experiment/download.asp.
(not registered? Register for free, as part of the reViSiT Experiment)

Enjoy!
Chris

--------------------------------------------------------
v1.3.0
[ADD]  Info Bar ('?') - graphical representation of data,
       with visual guidelines and mouse interaction.
[ADD]  Intelligent effects browser, with effect menu,
       visual guidelines and mouseable parameter scales.
[ADD]  Command menu for both mouse users (right-click)
       and keyboard novices (Menu key / Alt), with
       underlined mneumonics + keyboard shortcuts.
[ADD]  Mouse drag & drop (move/copy,overwrite/insert/mix)
       (see status bar when dragging for details).
[ADD]  Auto-scroll for mouse selection and dragging.
[MOD]  Minor changes to input handler.
[MOD]  Selected additional keys now user-definable.
[MOD]  Shift-tab goes to 1st column, then previous track.
[MOD]  New memory management for active notes.
[MOD]  Channel volume now affects MIDI volume.
[MOD]  Status bar redesigned to accomodate info switch.
[MOD]  reViSiT ident now triggers menu.
[FIX]  Mousing beyond Channel 64 causing crash.
[FIX]  Help bar sometimes not greyed out losing focus.
[FIX]  Mousing over help bar heavy on CPU.
[FIX]  Delay after help bar closed, before redisplay.
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-12-19 11:12 PM (#14954 - in reply to #14952)
Subject: Re: reViSiT v1.3 Pro now available!

Expert

Oh, that reminds me of a bug that's been around for a while, but somewhat small so I tend to forget it (or work around).

It looks like you're holding up your P! :P

P should give an [E x] note but doesn't do so, even tho it's been defined like that in the keyboard configuration.
chrisnash
Posted 2009-12-20 4:55 PM (#14955 - in reply to #14954)

Developer

Yeah, small niggle - a < sign in the code, rather than a <=. It'll be fixed, come the next release.

Chris
onukore
Posted 2009-12-20 7:03 PM (#14956 - in reply to #14952)

hi
i love this news realese
but a little think
in, zoom in mode , if i make selection with mouse impossibly to select sub ticks ,only 1/16 note selectable ,not under.
and the interpolation don't works in sub ticks (alt x)

a question you never mind to create a standalone application ?? with vsti and fx (for me modular environment is the best ), an aodix with sampler integrated ??
thx for all
best
onukore

Edited by onukore 2009-12-20 7:04 PM
Reactor Grits
Posted 2009-12-20 8:47 PM (#14957 - in reply to #14952)
Subject: RE: reViSiT v1.3 Pro now available!

Regular

very nice release!
chrisnash
Posted 2009-12-20 11:13 PM (#14958 - in reply to #14957)

Developer

Thanks for all the nice feedback! However, there was a bug in the initial 1.3, with selecting all and drag-n'drop - I've fixed and uploaded a new version, so everyone who downloaded before 23:12 20/12/09 should re-download the version now there.

Best,
Chris
onukore
Posted 2009-12-21 11:54 AM (#14959 - in reply to #14958)

chrisnash - 2009-12-20 11:13 PM

Thanks for all the nice feedback! However, there was a bug in the initial 1.3, with selecting all and drag-n'drop - I've fixed and uploaded a new version, so everyone who downloaded before 23:12 20/12/09 should re-download the version now there.

Best,
Chris

hi
the sub ticks selection don't work , interpolation too (alt x) ,i have download to day, i was try with renoise ,reaper, and aodix is same think
best
chrisnash
Posted 2009-12-21 1:36 PM (#14960 - in reply to #14959)

Developer

reViSiT doesn't currently support sub-row selection - only selection of main rows. I will be adding this feature when I get the chance.

Chris
onukore
Posted 2009-12-21 3:03 PM (#14961 - in reply to #14960)

chrisnash - 2009-12-21 1:36 PM

reViSiT doesn't currently support sub-row selection - only selection of main rows. I will be adding this feature when I get the chance.

Chris

lol
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-12-21 3:41 PM (#14962 - in reply to #14961)

Expert

But you know, UK is covered in snow, so the next update may take a while.. ^^
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-12-22 12:21 AM (#14963 - in reply to #14962)

Expert

Ehrm, could that ALT (or was it ALT keyup?) to trigger that popup menu go away? It's annoying.. :P
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-12-24 2:34 PM (#14964 - in reply to #14963)

Expert

Critical bug alert!

I'm working on a large project (8 minutes) with about 18 FM8 instances, and all of a sudden cubase's tempo changes are not interpreted well by revisit. If you do a curved tempo change, then revisit messes up the speed, it sounds like fast forward, and it plays the wrong notes. Like, playing notes that were already played. I don't know why it happened. Last night everything went well, this morning I restarted cubase: bug galore. I restarted the PC, still bug galore. I made a new midi track and some mouse drawn tune in cubase itself, and it works ok with tempo changes. Conclusion: revisit somehow messes up the tempo it receives, and I don't know why or how. Next thing I'll be trying is to wipe the revisit instance (I saved a revisit project file) and reload it.. maybe just this instance is buggered.

[edit]

heh, I just watched revisit while playing, you know what happens? :D

When a tempo curve in cubase is like this: ''''\___ then during the ramp the row highlighter (and thus the playback) goes *up*! Backwards in time.
With a ___/''''' ramp, during the ramp the row counter moves faster.

It's almost as if due some bug revisit sees these tempochanges as deltas rather than absolute values or something. Very strange.

[edit2]

Aah, now I understand why I didn't have this bug last night! I worked with a constant tempo, recorded the midi data from revisit and applied the tempo changes onto the midi tracks while revisit wasn't playing. So, the bug is consistent and easy to reproduce.

(and, when you fix it: reall really get rid of this ALT key for that n00b-proof popup. To say the least, last night my studio was no place for religious people :D)

Edited by CS_TBL 2009-12-24 3:04 PM
chrisnash
Posted 2009-12-30 3:56 PM (#14967 - in reply to #14964)

Developer

Doh! This is a *stupid* bug - I disabled the PPQ-based sync in an earlier debug session, forcing reViSiT to sync using sample position, which means that tempo changes could not be correctly supported. Someone else reported similar problems in Reaper, so this might be the same issue, but it could just as likely be what prompted me to make the change - so no guarantee on that one.

I will release 1.3.1 in the coming weeks, with this fixed and, hopefully, subrow selections included.

'Hope everyone had a good Christmas break! Thanks CS_TBL, for the bug report and the festive tune.

Chris
CS_TBL
Posted 2009-12-30 4:45 PM (#14968 - in reply to #14967)

Expert

..a fix which hopefully also has that ALT-key null'ed.. :P
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)