Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reVisit+Reason4.0
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

Kusakin Roman
Posted 2010-03-11 11:31 PM (#15074)
Subject: reVisit+Reason4.0

New user

Hi!
Do you plan to support reVisit + Propellerheads Reason4.0?
Useful information:
http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=rewire

Thank you for your attention!
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2010-03-12 10:18 PM (#15075 - in reply to #15074)
Subject: RE: reVisit+Reason4.0

Developer

Hi Kusakin,

Welcome to the forum!

Rewire integration is something I've actually looked at, and there are plans involving it and reViSiT, but possibly not directly. Until now, I've been a little hindered by the license requirements for the SDK - they only hand it out to registered companies. I believe this might only require a £25 piece of paper from London, so it might be something that I can work around later, but it was enough, at the time, for me to develop my own technology for the reBUS plugin.

However, a few years ago now, I started a side project to create a VST host designed solely for the hosting of reViSiT, dubbed "reMASTER" - in effect a shell that would make reViSiT standalone. It will be simple and lightweight, but provide proper keyboard, windowing, graphics, playback, ASIO and MIDI support, as well as support the use of other VSTi plugins as instruments (and possibly VST effects). If possible, I will also include Rewire support, so that you can retain at least some of the integration with other music programs.

The current prototype is derived from the old open-source release of VSTHost, by Hermann Seib, and thus benefits from a reliable and established codebase, and means much of the hard stuff is already done. However, there is still a bit of work to do before it's ready for a release, and I hope to find time for that, once my PhD research is done.

'Hope this helps,
Chris
Kusakin Roman
Posted 2010-03-14 1:45 PM (#15076 - in reply to #15074)
Subject: Re: reVisit+Reason4.0

New user

Hello,

I think the integration between two programs, Revisit and Reason, would be very beneficial for people like me. I would like to refresh the tracks I wrote between 1997-2001.

I think that the interface of the Sequencer of ReVisit is the most convenient for writing music easily and fastly. In virtual studio "Reason" I can synthesize and tune any sounds. Therefore, the combination of both programs would be very good for people writing music like myself. I don't use any VSTi and VST effects because "Reason" have it.

I tried to integrate "ReVisit" with "Reason" via VST-host, but it didn't work as I would like it to. I noticed significant delays and not enough CPU time (I have Intel 2 core duo processor). To overcome this problem, I think it would be good to have a direct excange of the data between the two programs.

I really like your program and I think that the integrated program will give lots of new opportunities for users like me.
Good luck whith your exams! I look forward to the release of the new versions of your program!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)