Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT 1.5 Pro now available!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2010-12-26 4:54 PM (#15196)
Subject: reViSiT 1.5 Pro now available!

Developer

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who took part in the reViSiT Experiment
 Get your copy of reViSiT 1.5 Pro now! 

The research and experiment are now drawing to a close - and, as promised, a new version of reViSiT Pro without the data collection for the experiment, now awaits you.

Before you start using it, you simply need to complete a short End-of-Experiment Questionnaire.
Afterwards, your new activation code for reViSiT 1.5 Pro (and all future 1.x versions) will be promptly emailed to you.

This new Christmas bumper-version of reViSiT features:

• MIDI file import.
    Load any of the 100,000's of musical works on the Internet and edit them in the pattern editor. Picking apart other pieces is a great way to learn about music and song writing - and giving an old track a new lease of life, with the odd remix, can be immensely fun!

• Annotation / comment feature.
    Scribble notes to your self over the pattern, using the annotation feature. Move to a row, or make a selection, and hit @ to switch to annotation mode, then write anything you like, beside your music. For examples, you could label sections of your music, put down place-holders for things To Do later, write an introductory page for your piece, send greetings to your listeners or jot down any kind of notes to yourself - the options are literally endless!

• Improved host window integration.
    Depending on your host, reViSiT's editor window need no longer float above and apart from the host - but appear inside it. Combined with the link windows feature, this innovation gives you all the advantages of a single-window reViSiT, whilst retaining reliable keyboard support and a resizable window - no more losing the reViSiT window behind the host! (Let me know how you get on with this one - and whether you'd like a toggle for the feature. At the moment, the rule is, the editor window will try to appear in whichever container the toolbar window floats in. So, if you have your reViSiT toolbar separate from the host - e.g. always on top - then the editor window will be too).

• Significantly improved file loading.
    Thanks to tweaks and optimisations, sample and song loading is now up to 10x faster, which should help you as you browse through your sample / instrument libraries. File format support is also expanding - this version sees support for FLAC lossless audio files (8, 16 or 24 bit, mono or stereo), and more will be added later. Vote here to see your favourite formats in future versions of reViSiT!

reViSiT 1.5 Pro also includes many other improvements, changes and fixes to help your music-making - see release notes for full details.

Download reViSiT 1.5 Professional here.

Thanks again - have a good holiday - and hope to see you down the road!

Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MaliceX
Posted 2010-12-27 10:08 AM (#15198 - in reply to #15196)
Subject: Re: reViSiT 1.5 Pro now available!

New user

Hey, new to the forums and also participated in the experiemnt. I'd just like to say thanks for making a great tool for DAW users. There is a rather serious problem (on this end) using this new version, however.

1. Spybot prevents the self-extracting archive to run as it is detecting Virtumonde. (A rather serious piece of malware, which could be associated with W32.Virut, by personal experience) Extracts fine using WinRAR.
2. Sound output is BROKEN under both Cantabile 1.2, and REAPER 3. This did not happen with the previous version.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one that experiences this, as I've never had an issue with the previous version.
MaliceX
Posted 2010-12-27 10:43 AM (#15199 - in reply to #15196)

New user

(couldn't edit above post)
It seems to happen with loading certain modules, I've only had one file working with the new version thus far without it +inf'ing everything out, or mere clicking sounds. (this includes modules that worked with previous versions)

Edited by MaliceX 2010-12-27 10:47 AM
chrisnash
Posted 2010-12-27 12:25 PM (#15200 - in reply to #15199)

Developer

Hi MaliceX,

Sorry to hear about your troubles - can you email me a file that you're having trouble loading?

I've had a couple of others reporting that Spybot is detecting the Virtumonde trojan, but at this stage, I suspect this is a false positive. My own virus killer is not detecting anything, and no one has reported that other AV packages are detecting anything. I'm investigating.

Cheers,
Chris
chrisnash
Posted 2010-12-27 1:51 PM (#15201 - in reply to #15200)

Developer

I can confirm that the Virtumonde reports are FALSE POSITIVES. The Spybot S&D heuristics obviously found a string of bits in the installer packages of 1.4.2 and 1.5 that coincidentally looked similar to this trojan. I have found no other AV packages are detecting any threats.

I have contacted them so that they can update their software to make the correct determinations.

Thanks for reporting the problem!

Reactor Grits
Posted 2010-12-28 11:43 AM (#15202 - in reply to #15201)

Regular

I still have to test this release thoroughly, but the fact that the RV window now is integrated with the DAW is one feature I've been gagging for (was doing my head in at times). nice one!
also chris, the questionnaire I had to fill out to get RV 1.5 contained half of the same questions on the second page as is on the 1st one when I filled it out, just saying in case this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Edited by Reactor Grits 2010-12-28 11:45 AM
CS_TBL
Posted 2010-12-28 11:46 AM (#15203 - in reply to #15202)

Expert

If I recall correctly, the other page was not about reViSiT but about the DAW.
Reactor Grits
Posted 2010-12-28 12:34 PM (#15204 - in reply to #15203)

Regular

oh fair enough, my bad
MaliceX
Posted 2010-12-28 2:15 PM (#15205 - in reply to #15196)

New user

For example, http://www.swapper.se/temp/joule-train_of_thought.xm (this problem seems to happen with this AND most other modules.)
It loads into reViSiT fine but playback seems to exhibit behaviour chracteristic of a denormal. (eg: +inf audio output, silencing everything until I kill reViSiT.)

FWIW, this is under Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) with 2x2GB DDR1333, on an ASUS P5Q3 with an Intel Core2Quad Q9400 (2.6GHz).
I've yet to test this with the laptop which has the older version, I haven't had time to test it on that.

Thanks in advance

Edited by MaliceX 2010-12-28 2:17 PM
chrisnash
Posted 2010-12-28 4:25 PM (#15206 - in reply to #15205)

Developer

Hi MaliceX,

I've taken a look at your file, and there does appear to be an intermittent problem (sometimes the file loads properly) and I have found something in the code that might explain it - but it only happens sometimes, so its very hard for me to know if I've fixed it or not.

This problem would likely be present in reViSiT 1.4.2 as well. Did you have any trouble before?

The problem I've found would only affect XM files - can you confirm this is the case (e.g. by testing an IT / reViSiT file)? Are most of your other modules also XMs?

We'll get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,
Chris
MaliceX
Posted 2010-12-29 8:32 AM (#15208 - in reply to #15196)

New user

OK. It seems to work properly with IT files. Keeping in mind, after loading problem XM's, it kills everything else thrown at it.
chrisnash
Posted 2010-12-29 2:33 PM (#15209 - in reply to #15208)

Developer

MaliceX: I've sent you an email with a new version to try - hopefully fixing your problems with XMs. Let me know how you go.
chrisnash
Posted 2010-12-29 4:46 PM (#15210 - in reply to #15196)
Subject: RE: reViSiT 1.5.1 Pro now available!

Developer

Thanks to MaliceX, it seems I've managed to squash the bug in the XM loader. Accordingly, 1.5.1 with this fix is now available.

Download reViSiT v1.5.1 Pro from: http://www.nashnet.co.uk/experiment/download.asp

Reactor Grits
Posted 2010-12-30 10:52 PM (#15211 - in reply to #15210)

Regular

So far 1.5 seems to be working fine. There was just one thing that stroke me as a bit odd in Cubase 5: When you switch from the Revisit window to the arrangement window, the focus stays on the revisit window and not on the arrangement window. iow, you have to select another plugin to get the focus back, otherwise mouse and keyboard commands keep working for revisit although I'm messing about in the arrangement window. any chance of looking into this chris?
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-01-11 2:10 PM (#15212 - in reply to #15211)

Expert

I think @ for comments should always work for the step your cursor is on. Often enough I have a block definition somewhere because I was or still am working with it, while I want a comment at channel 1 (e.g. lyrics or timing comments). But yea.. you know what happens: the comment goes to the block definition. Here's a solution: only create a block comment when the cursor is inside the block definition! If not: @ creates a step comment everywhere.
fegi
Posted 2011-01-15 3:14 PM (#15214 - in reply to #15196)
Subject: RE: reViSiT 1.5 Pro now available!

Veteran

hi chris!

i have a problem with the new window behaviour on my setup. i have a dual screen monitor setup - revisit on the left monitor, reaper on the right monitor - and behind the revisit window, line6 podfarm running. now when i toggle the revisit window with ctrl-alt-r it always jumps to the right monitor, where reaper is running. so i hope you can make this new window behaviour an option under preferences. until then i have to revert to 1.4.

greetings,

fegi
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)