Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT 1.5.2 now available!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2011-01-19 2:04 PM (#15215)
Subject: reViSiT 1.5.2 now available!

Developer

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback on 1.5/1.5.1. I've ironed out a couple of niggles with windowing and annotations, and am happy to present you with reViSiT 1.5.2.

Download reViSiT v1.5.2 Standard from http://revisit.nashnet.co.uk

Download reViSiT v1.5.2 Professional from http://experiment.nashnet.co.uk (registered users only)

Enjoy!

Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-01-31 12:01 PM (#15217 - in reply to #15215)
Subject: Re: reViSiT 1.5.2 now available!

Expert

Bug'ish something:

ALT F10 to solo a track - try moving to the right along your tracks while doing ALT F10 on each track, then move back, suddenly ALT F10 doesn't solo that track anymore, but it unsolos all tracks. It's almost as if it remembers which tracks have been soloed since coming from a complete non-soloed state, when it hits such a once-soloed track, it unsolos everything. Bad :P ALT-F10 should always solo any track, the only exception being the cursor being on the currently soloed track.
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-02-01 1:38 AM (#15219 - in reply to #15217)

Expert

Bug

In the pattern editor, hit F9 to open something. Select a folder to delete, a confirmation popup asks if you are sure - click no ^_^ -. Now the file requester is still on screen, but the keyboard focus is at the pattern instead of the file requester.
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-02-01 6:26 PM (#15220 - in reply to #15219)

Expert

I believe something has changed regarding ALT-Y in the pattern editor. In order to swap for instance some whole channels over multiple patterns it'd be practical to don't remove the block definition after performing an ALT-Y.
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-02-02 2:53 PM (#15222 - in reply to #15220)

Expert

actually: remove = move
chrisnash
Posted 2011-02-03 12:57 AM (#15223 - in reply to #15222)

Developer

Okay, I've changed the solo behaviour.

I can also repeat the file dialog behaviour, so should be able to fix that.

Not sure about your Block Swap problem - have a feeling the current behaviour might be a result of user feedback.

In other news, I've also solved some audio performance issues with 1.5.2 Pro (surround processing misbehaving), and am also testing a new memory management approach that saves up to 25mb RAM.
chrisnash
Posted 2011-02-03 5:40 PM (#15225 - in reply to #15223)

Developer

It turns out the file dialog problem is caused by Cubase/Microsoft, so I won't be able to fix it. Basically, when you have a VST effect using Steinberg's "Always On Top" in Cubase, it will close any such window when Cubase loses focus to another app.

Due to the way Windows(tm) file dialogs are designed, prompts (such as the Delete Folder one you use) cause the file dialog to lose focus to *somewhere*, and thus Cubase closes the reViSiT, which closes the file dialog.

Bottomline: you'll have to avoid using such functionality in the file dialogs until I can replace it with a native file screen (like the Sample/Instrument libraries). However, I probably won't provide such functionality in those replacements. Perhaps, at some point, I'll be able to work out a better solution, but basically Steinberg's Always On Top behaviour is silly and I don't recommend using it at all. When I add the Advanced Settings screen, the extra control of windowing should however allow you to use reViSiT's Always On Top feature instead of Steinberg's.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)