Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

reViSiT 1.5.3 now available!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2011-02-03 6:17 PM (#15226)
Subject: reViSiT 1.5.3 now available!

Developer

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback on 1.5.2. This version addresses audio performance issues in 1.5.2 Pro, re-activates MIDI triggering (which was accidentally pulled from 1.5.x) and addresses a couple of UI issues. However, it should also greatly improve memory usage (by up to 25mb). The new memory code should enable some additional features and improvements down the line, but hopefully everything should be business as usual - let me know if you have any problems.

Download reViSiT v1.5.3 Standard from http://revisit.nashnet.co.uk

Download reViSiT v1.5.3 Professional from http://experiment.nashnet.co.uk (registered users only)

Enjoy!

Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-02-06 2:39 PM (#15236 - in reply to #15226)
Subject: Re: reViSiT 1.5.3 now available!

Expert

..thinking out loud.. do you have a spare effect channel command left?

I think there could be a point in having a function like "don't play when it's already playing". This is very useful when having extremely long notes across multiple patterns/positions. Say, you start a C4 strings in pat/pos 00 and it should stretch all the way into pat/pos 03. When working on patterns 01, 02 and 03 you want to hear that tone too for obvious reasons. So, I usually put the same note at the start of each pattern, but that gives me a retrigger of such notes when there shouldn't be one (you get a start of any synth envelope). So that spare effect command could be applied to the retrigger note at patterns 01, 02 and 03. When working in those patterns it just gets retriggered like normal, but when playing the whole song, it eventually encounters the same note with that command, and it'll skip the retrigger. Naturally, this feature only works with identical states. If a note, instrument or volume differs then it just triggers a new note. Shouldn't be too big a feature to create, no?

chrisnash
Posted 2011-02-06 4:30 PM (#15237 - in reply to #15236)

Developer

I haven't tried it, but you might be able to get such functionality out of the Gxx (Portamento) command with parameter 00. Gxx and Lxx both disable the re-triggering of a note, applying the pitch slide to previous one. However, a note on-like message is used to specify the destination pitch.
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-02-07 5:23 PM (#15239 - in reply to #15237)

Expert

Works.

Lookielook what I found. Maybe it's a bug, or it's intentional. Dunno..

I made a tune of 8 patterns/positions + 1 short pattern for that stupid cubase delay in the first second.

At the end of my loop o' 8 song patterns I added a B01 to jump to the start of the song @ pos:01

During playback (or at least after one loop/jump) I erased that command from the pattern, but it still loops! Don't you parse that stuff during playback?

Edited by CS_TBL 2011-02-07 5:23 PM
chrisnash
Posted 2011-02-08 1:27 AM (#15240 - in reply to #15239)

Developer

No. In order to maintain sync with the host, reViSiT maintains a constant playlist of MIDI ppQ to tracker rows, which is built when playback is triggered (and some other moments). Originally, to ensure thread safety, reViSiT was designed not to interfere with the playlist during playback.

Recent improvements to the code mean it should now be safe for reViSiT to juggle these two tasks, but I'd still have to detect when edits should prompt an update to the playlist, to do this automatically. (Simply doing it constantly is an obvious waste.) However, you should be able to manually rebuild the playlist (even during playback, I think), by pressing Ctrl-F5.
fegi
Posted 2011-02-08 8:32 AM (#15241 - in reply to #15240)

Veteran

hey chris!

haven't tried the new version yet...but should it also solve my dualscreen problem?

thanks and greetings,

fegi
chrisnash
Posted 2011-02-15 2:50 PM (#15247 - in reply to #15241)

Developer

There's a chance, but my suspicions are that your windowing problem is not addressed in this release. I can't repeat the problem with other hosts and haven't yet had the chance to debug with yours specifically. I'll try to look into it in the next release.

(P.S. CS_TBL's posts moved to separate threads, where they should have been originally)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)