Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky Purchase revisit Pro?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

splattimer
Posted 2011-02-19 4:16 PM (#15249)
Subject: Purchase revisit Pro?

Now that the experiment is over is it possible to purchase revisit pro? I've only just stumbled on revisit and missed the experiment.
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2011-02-19 5:59 PM (#15251 - in reply to #15249)
Subject: RE: Purchase revisit Pro?

Developer

Hi Steve (and others),

I've had a number of requests to purchase the Pro Edition, since the end of the experiment, but am not quite in a position to take reViSiT Pro to market.

This is nothing to do with the program, but rather my current ability to maintain and support a commercial product. Though the experiment has ended, much of my time is taken up with writing up the research, which means I haven't yet had a chance to do various jobs to support such a release - notably create a website to take payment, or a registration mechanism that isn't tied to the experiment. Indeed, in the latter case, I don't currently have any straightforward way of adding new registered users.

If I get the chance to code such a mechanism, I was thinking about having an informal interim period whereby I could reward individuals who make signficiant contributions with a license for the Professional Edition. In the past (before the experiment), I have done this for users who have donated their time, feedback, or money to help reViSiT develop. Indeed, several users have been so invaluable to my efforts, that they will never have to pay for reViSiT.

I am working my hardest to finish the research as quick as I can, but it's going to be a while yet. So, I'd be interested to hear what people think about this temporary solution.

Cheers,
Chris

splattimer
Posted 2011-02-20 5:21 PM (#15252 - in reply to #15249)

I for one would definitely be interested in any sort of contribution/donation scheme. I'm new to trackers and had been using the Renoise demo as a rewire slave in Reaper but as a jobseeking credit crunch victim I'm unable to afford the license. It was my search for a legitimate free/cheap alternative that led me Revisit. I absolutely love the program but multi-outs would really allow me to integrate it fully with Reaper.
splattimer
Posted 2011-07-21 9:43 AM (#15268 - in reply to #15249)

Any news on being able to purchase and/or donate to get Revisit Pro?
chrisnash
Posted 2011-07-22 8:26 PM (#15269 - in reply to #15268)

Developer

Sorry for the delay in this. I've was working on changing the database set up when I stumbled across a server-side problem. It has literally taken months for my ISP to sort this problem out - and I'm not sure they have succeeded yet.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have a way to add new users in the next few days.

Chris
chrisnash
Posted 2011-07-31 8:12 PM (#15270 - in reply to #15269)

Developer

I am happy to report that I have now upgraded the user database and administration to allow me to add new reViSiT Pro users and licences. 

Until I create a new site to enable the general purchase of reViSiT Pro licences, licences will be awarded to those who have donated their time, effort, or money to the project.

This includes people who:

• provide sustained feedback and support during testing or development.
  • have contributed code or other resources that are used in reViSiT or its testing.
  • contribute funds that help me purchase development tools (notably libraries, compilers) - click here to donate.
  • have been generally froody towards reViSiT.

In other words, before reViSiT becomes X quid, it's quid pro quo...

Chris

PS: In other news, reViSiT 1.6 Pro beta testing is coming on nicely, bringing new features based on scientific findings!

chrisnash
Posted 2012-01-12 6:27 PM (#15310 - in reply to #15270)

Developer

Further to the earlier post, I've updated the donation page to clarify the current procedure for acquiring a Professional License. For details, see:

http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/donation.htm

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)