Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Load Default module (or last file) on start feature?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

Arpad Bodis
Posted 2011-08-16 4:21 PM (#15271)
Subject: Load Default module (or last file) on start feature?

Hi! I haven't been here for a long time - now i have a small problem.

I use revisit in reaper and I made a small setup with my main vst/vsti-s and routing Revisit to them, to control them from the tracker if i need this.

I have saved the reaper project - but when I loaded up next time, I realized, that the midi routing, that was created in the "instrument list" / "pitch/midi" sub-window was gone.

So I made Instrument - midi channel revisit settings again and saved that in the file menu as a compressed revisit module.

When I turn reaper on, I load my empty project file, where revisit and my vst(i)s are present, and routings in the reaper are set.
And here comes, the thing i don't like - it seems every time i have to load the revisit module to have the Revisit instrument midi routings.

Is it possible to setup revisit to load a specific module on start (or last file)?
(I'm aiming to load only the reaper project file, and i don't want to load separately the revisit saved file)

Does it make sense?

Edited by Arpad Bodis 2011-08-16 4:21 PM
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2011-08-16 7:07 PM (#15272 - in reply to #15271)
Subject: RE: Load Default module (or last file) on start feature?

Developer

Hi Arpad,

reViSiT's module data (including midi routings) are saved with the host's document - any time you save the REAPER project file, reViSiT's module is saved with it, including MIDI settings. (Note, however, that if reViSiT can't find the MIDI device selected in the Output Device, in reViSiT's MIDI Settings, it will revert to VST Host - so make sure you have switch any USB/Firewire devices on beforehand.)

Also, if you find the template file that REAPER is using, and overwrite it with a project that includes your reViSiT plugin and module, it should open automatically when the host creates a new project.

In REAPER, you can do this by:
* New Project
* Add reViSiT plugin.
* In reViSiT, load the module with the midi routing, etc.
* File > Project Templates > Save Project as Template...
* In Options > Preferences...
* In Project > Project Settings, there is a box with "When creating new projects, use the following project file as a template:", click Browse... and select the template you saved.

Does this give you what you're after? At the same time, I can see the utility of a Most Recently Used list in reViSiT, and will think about it when I look to update the module load/save interaction processes in the program.

'Hope this helps,
Chris
Arpad Bodis
Posted 2011-08-17 8:34 AM (#15273 - in reply to #15272)
Subject: RE: Load Default module (or last file) on start feature?

Thanks Chris! The funny thing iz,
that yesterday i managed to save the whole thang in Reaper in a way, that the reaper project loaded but the revisit module not.
Today I opened again and it was ok, after the reaper project loaded everything was fine.
So there's no problem.

Somewhere on this forum I saw, that you slowly "go commercial". If this is the case, i suggest to make youtube channel with some videos and video tutorials. i think it's a good way to advertise a good "product"

Edited by Arpad Bodis 2011-08-17 8:48 AM
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-08-17 10:11 AM (#15274 - in reply to #15273)
Subject: Re: Load Default module (or last file) on start feature?

Expert

Well, there's my www.youtube.com/mvsmsx with some videos involving revisit.. ^^
Arpad Bodis
Posted 2011-08-17 6:58 PM (#15278 - in reply to #15274)

You have nice videos I admit, but some folk can say these vids about FM8 And these are not tutorial videos anyway.
I remember It took some time when I managed to control Linplug RMV from revisit in Reaper,
so videos that shows some deeper settings can be helpful - especially for folks who are new to tracking.. (i'm speaking 'bout others, I used impulse tracker and Jeskola Buzz)

On the other hand I'm a fan of FM8 too!
In the Gui, I think FM7 was better, but it's only the skin question.
Some say FM7 sounded better...If yes, it's interesting - I don't know what the truth is.
for this vsti I collected several presets from the net (commercial / free) , in this week i've found 96 fm7 presets at xenossoundworks.com that I quickly imported and saved the koresounds.
Rob Papen has a superb soundbank (unfortunately it's not free)

I was thinking what new features should appear in FM8 and i think a multitimbral sound engine would be cool, whadaya think?
CS_TBL
Posted 2011-08-17 11:11 PM (#15279 - in reply to #15278)

Expert

Most people telling FM7 sounds better are people dealing with old sysex libraries from nearly 3 decades old. When using those libs in FM8 they nitpick about each and every last detail they hear (and I wouldn't know as I don't use those sysex libraries). It's completely not relevant if you're using FM8 to make your own sounds. The biggest problem is that people are seeing FM7 and FM8 as replacements of their DX7 because people think FM7 and FM8 were made to be a replacement. That's the downside of adopting a DX7-like skin in FM7. Somehow those people aren't able to judge FM8 on its own merits, instead they judge it within the context of the DX7.

Multitimbrality would be nice for ensemble sounds, a bit like unison but then by having intrinsic instances rather than unison within one instance (and unison has a bug anyway). A drumkit configuration would be nice, where each key in FM8 can have its own FM8 sound (preferably including its own unique effects). But mainly, I and others want NI to communicate with their users and react on bug reports and feature requests. Currently it's appalling.

Maybe some day soon I may make a revisit vid showing the process of creating a complete tune. I've done so before for Chris' thesis, 5.5 hours nonstop for a complete Road Runner cartoon (starting from scratch with no pre-made ideas other than the Silly Symphonies theme). A cover of a regular tune should be done much quicker, perhaps a few hours tops. Not now however, doing a heavy internship atm.. eats up all my spare time.. ._.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)