Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & Support -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

simple midi question - note-offs and velocity
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Help & SupportMessage format

Arpad Bodis
Posted 2011-08-21 11:20 AM (#15280)
Subject: simple midi question - note-offs and velocity

Hi, me again, I can't find the setting that puts note offs and midi volume (velocity) to the pattern.

This is waht i do:
I go to an empty pattern / press ctrl+F to activate playback following / press F6 to pattern playback / then pressing my midi keyboards notes --->

1) no note-offs generated when i release
2) doesn't matter how hard I press the midi keyboard, volumes not appear in the pattern

These two can be set or not?
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2011-08-21 9:24 PM (#15281 - in reply to #15280)
Subject: RE: simple midi question - note-offs and velocity

Developer

Hi Arpad,

There is currently no mechanism for entering Note Offs using a MIDI keyboard, though the playback of the note will be stopped. When Follow Pattern is not being used, and the user is just entering pitches one-by-one, they generally don't want Note Offs to be entered, but I can see how it would be important when you are trying to record a live performance (using Follow Pattern). I will see about detecting this scenario and changing this behaviour.

In the meantime, to stop playback, you'll have to hit F8, which will stop all notes. However, you can also enter a Note Off (===, pressing the ` key, normally left of '1') or Note Cut (^^^, by pressing '1'), which should trigger a note off for which ever channel you are in. Not great for live performance, admittedly, but reViSiT was never designed for that (normally, there's a sequencer in the background for that kind of thing!).

To enter volumes using MIDI, you need to enable the volume column in the channel mask (search help for "mask") - these are the white symbols above the current column; to add or remove columns from the channel mask, move to that column and press comma (,).

'Hope this helps,
Chris
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)