Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sample cursor - to be or not to be?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

kcdp
Posted 2012-11-17 12:09 PM (#15391)
Subject: sample cursor - to be or not to be?

hi again))

if i play sample in schism tracker i see cursor in sample view... but if i do it in revisit i see nothing i think it's bad for experiment with samples offset etc... i can't visually control the sound...

peace!
maksim

(schism.jpg)

(revisit.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments schism.jpg (9KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments revisit.jpg (23KB - 0 downloads)
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2012-11-17 12:44 PM (#15393 - in reply to #15391)
Subject: RE: sample cursor - to be or not to be?

Developer

Several improvements for the Sample List/Editor are planned for future releases, and improved feedback on currently planning instruments and samples is something I'll be looking at. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee an ETA, as there are a number of jobs ahead in the queue.

Traditionally, reViSiT development focuses on controlling music (i.e. the Pattern Editor), rather than sound (i.e. Sample and Instrument Lists), which is partly because many users use MIDI instruments and VST plugins, rather than the built-in sample synthesizer, but also because I, as a composer, never wanted to do much sound editing, and would rather just focus on the music. The next version of reViSiT, for example, will extend the built-in sample synthesizer (velocity mapping) and add SoundFont and sfz support, so that people can load pre-prepared instruments. In the mid-term, I'm looking to have a sort of library of prepared sounds that new users (without any sounds or sound editing experience) can get started more quickly. Of course, I appreciate that other people will want to tweak sounds, so I'm always looking to improvement the Instrument/Sample List UIs.

Best,
Chris
kcdp
Posted 2012-11-17 12:52 PM (#15394 - in reply to #15391)
Subject: Re: sample cursor - to be or not to be?

thanks for the quick reply, chris! ok! waiting for new versions!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)