Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & Development -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

feedback 1.8 beta with sf2 support
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Testing & DevelopmentMessage format

fegi
Posted 2013-02-28 11:51 PM (#15409)
Subject: feedback 1.8 beta with sf2 support

Veteran

hey chris!

im very excited to finally see sf2 support in revisit. i immediatley installed 1.8 beta and tried it out for some minutes.
one of the first things i noticed is that immediately after loading a soundfont, the filebrowser is being closed.

personally i would prefer the dialog to be left open, as one could easily try out different soundfonts to find a suiting one (even during pattern playback if that is possible).

is the free time generator button due in 1.9 or 2.0? can't remember...

greetings,

martin
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2013-03-01 8:53 AM (#15410 - in reply to #15409)
Subject: RE: feedback 1.8 beta with sf2 support

Developer

Patches in SF2 files can be auditioned without leaving the library window - just select and play with the keyboard. Loading into the song during playback is also possible, but does lead to the window closing. However, to get back you only need to hit Enter again, such that a double tap of the Enter key should load a patch and return you to the library.

At the same time, I understand that it can be useful to quickly and iteratively browse through instruments and listen to them in context. This is, for example, possible with MIDI voices and incrementing the MIDI Program Number. Perhaps Shift+Enter to load without closing the window?

Another scenario is loading multiple samples/instruments at once, rather than to-ing and fro-ing between the browser screen and the name list. I'm looking to develop a mechanism for multiple selection to support this.
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)