Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VSTrack v0.85 Alpha released!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

chrisnash
Posted 2004-08-27 8:56 PM (#13147)
Subject: VSTrack v0.85 Alpha released!

Developer

Hello Everyone,

It gives me great pleasure to announce reViSiT v0.85 (formerly VSTrack). Along with the new - and somewhat groovier - name, v0.85 makes several substantial improvements on its predecessor (v0.84):

• Performance reViSiT v0.85 clocks in at over 400% faster than VSTrack v0.84 - and with the lighter CPU load, almost everyone should be able to get the full 32-track polyphony (soon to be 64).
  • Host Support This new version has been tested on a variety of VST hosts, and has been adapted to work on Cubase SX, Logic 5, Cubase VST, Bidule and many others.
  • User Interface v0.85 boast a bigger, sleaker and more usable interface than its predecessor - users can now see 6 tracks at once, each with 48 rows (80% more than v0.84).
  • ZIP Archiving reViSiT now automatically zips the module and sample data into a single compressed, zip-compatible file (which can then be re-loaded directly into reViSiT). Users can easily open the sample files, which are WAVE-compatible, in any sound editor - or even edit the XML-compatible pattern data.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes Including the ability to mute and solo track during playback.
  • See the readme.txt for more details.

As always: if you download reViSiT, you are requested to provide feedback on your experiences using the online feedback form - http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/vstrack/feedback.htm.

If you have already applied to the Alpha programme, you will have an email containing the details of the download. If you haven't applied, go to http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/download.htm and sign up for the download.

Though reViSiT is already a fully-capable piece of music software, there are a number of features that remain to be implemented before v1.0. The following features are priorities in forthcoming Alpha releases:

• Mouse Support Future Alpha versions of reViSiT will boast basic mouse support (e.g. slider manipulation, editor tabs). Beta versions will feature a more advanced mouse implementation (e.g. pattern selections / drag n drop manipulations).
  • MIDI IN / OUT reViSiT will eventually allow input via MIDI (from the host  for pattern recording and live playback), as well as MIDI output.
  • Surround Sound Support Tracking notation offers an ideal method of addressing surround sound spatialised sound, reViSiT will eventually feature detailed support for writing music in quadraphonic and 5.1 sound.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pose them on the forum, or to me directly by email, via vstrack@nashnet.co.uk.

Enjoy!

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kjwise
Posted 2004-08-28 5:58 AM (#13148 - in reply to #13147)

New user

Excellent! This shows promise and will hopefully help me re-incorparate tracking in some form to my music making.

kjwise

newnumbertwo
Posted 2004-08-31 5:48 AM (#13149 - in reply to #13148)

how do i get vstrack to play? i can load up the demo zip file, but i can't seem to get it to make any noise. i would expect F5 to start, or for it to take sync from the host app (in this case, cubase sx 2). my apologies if i've overlooked something.
Kmuland
Posted 2004-08-31 12:25 PM (#13150 - in reply to #13149)

Hi Chris...

I just downloaded Revisit.... really Its a very promissing VSTi.

I can play the demo song sync with Nuendo2 (add this sequencer to working tested ones).

I back to test...

Keep the good job :-)
chrisnash
Posted 2004-09-01 1:06 PM (#13151 - in reply to #13150)

Developer

Reply to : newnumbertwo [Anonymous]

how do i get vstrack to play? i can load up the demo zip file, but i can't seem to get it to make any noise. i would expect F5 to start, or for it to take sync from the host app (in this case, cubase sx 2). my apologies if i've overlooked something.

Hi newnumbertwo,

Sorry to hear about your problems! If you have the demo zip loaded, then you should indeed hear something when you hit F5 or start playback in the host. reViSiT was designed for SX2 and should work fine. I have not had reports of similar problems with reViSiT in SX2, so I am tending to think that maybe there's a problem in your set-up. Here are some thoughts, though:

* Digital Word Clock Sometimes I can get a similar problem when Cubase (or the ASIO driver) is set to external clock and I have forgotten to switch on the device that provides the clock (in my case, a Yamaha EX5r). If this is the case, then hitting play in cubase will not move the playback cursor. Try importing an audio (.wav) file to an cubase audio track and hitting play - do you hear the sound properly? If yes, this rules out any problem with you sound card.

* Playing, but not sounding As well as the ol' classic of forgetting to turn on the speakers, or having the volume down (or muted) there can be more complicated (and less embarrasing) reasons for not getting sound when even the computer thinks its playing. To test this, try pressing F6 in reViSiT (Pattern Playback) - do you see the playback cursor iterating down the pattern? If yes, this tends to rule out any problem with reViSiT, I'm afraid - but you could check the sample list: scroll down the list and see if any of the waves appear in the preview window (indicating that the samples themselves have loaded).

* Orphaned reViSiT It is possible to load reViSiT without opening (or creating) a cubase project. In such times, performance tends to drop in my experience - however, it may be more severe on other hardware (ie. no playback). Make sure you have created a project in the host, before inserting reViSiT as a VSTi.

Hopefully, if you give these a try, you'll at the very least be able to give me enough information to locate your problem.

All the best,
Chris

knugen
Posted 2004-10-03 1:40 AM (#13152 - in reply to #13151)

When do you think this will be out as revisit 1.0?
this has been a dream of mine for so long, at last cubase and impulse tracker at the same time. I´ve been missing the IT interface
Me and a friend of mine actually discussed this same idea but lack the efficiency to do anything about it.
Love this, can´t wait for the 1.0 release.

chrisnash
Posted 2004-10-05 6:08 PM (#13153 - in reply to #13152)

Developer

Hi Knugen,

The only answer you can hold me to is "it'll be ready when it's ready". However, I do hope to have a Beta version (0.9) out by Christmas. This should include all the features of v1.0, if not in a 100% refined and tested state. After that, it all depends on how many bugs you guys can worm out of the woodwork!

All the best,
Chris

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)