Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

great version :)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

aa
Posted 2005-06-28 4:41 PM (#13178)
Subject: great version :)

hi Chris, just downloaded the new version and , like i said in other post , revisit was a litlle "heavy" when moving trought its windows,..but with this new look , works so much better , great ..i guess nopw im gonna start it to use it
more and more, thanks!
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Anonymous
Posted 2005-06-28 5:36 PM (#13179 - in reply to #13178)

guess i still have some problems with some little sluggish , but its less now with this version, its happens more on the instrument list window ... other thing , maybe i missing some button or anything but now i can´t reproduce any sound, i connect the middi output to the midi inputs of some vsti inside eXT and ..no sound..
Anonymous
Posted 2005-06-28 5:48 PM (#13180 - in reply to #13179)

ok, now i see how this "sluggish" is working, when i first load revisit inside energyXT, and double click for the first time to open, its works well, no problems, i can change window with everything "moving" fine, ..but if i click to close the reVisit window to go and do othe stuff inside energyXT, and then double click again reVisit to open again .. here is where the sluggish starts , now it turns "heavy" ..don´t know why , maybe its my old video card , nvidia tnt2 , but just works really fine in the first time we open.., then when we open again ..the "torubles" beggin ..
Anonymous
Posted 2005-06-28 6:06 PM (#13181 - in reply to #13180)

about the "no sound" i was talking about ..yeah i was missing some button, to click the midi output button, sorry .. that is working fine..
Anonymous
Posted 2005-06-28 6:34 PM (#13182 - in reply to #13181)

...and thanks a lot for having a repeat rows "way", the "IT's version (SB0 / SBx, to repeat x times from SB0)" you talk in the previous post , ..so this way 9 times is the longer times we can repeat right? .. i think it will work for me, but just to be sure ,theres no way yet to make loop/repeat any times we want , righ? .., really thanks for this feature !
Anonymous
Posted 2005-06-28 7:03 PM (#13183 - in reply to #13182)

Reply to : Anonymous

...and thanks a lot for having a repeat rows "way", the "IT's version (SB0 / SBx, to repeat x times from SB0)" you talk in the previous post, ..so this way 9 times is the longer times we can repeat right? .. i think it will work for me, but just to be sure ,theres no way yet to make loop/repeat any times we want , righ? .., really thanks for this feature !

use SB0 and SBF to repeat 15 (well, 16, for now) times.

aa
Posted 2005-06-29 10:07 PM (#13184 - in reply to #13183)

hi Chris ,just tested on a new centrino pc (from a friend) and it works really well, perfect, no problems, that "heavy" felling i was talking about when moving between tabs is cus off my pc, i guess its old now.. (pentium 4 1.8 ghz nvidia tnt2) , i really got to find a away to get one of those new laptops ..
aa
Posted 2005-07-05 1:06 PM (#13185 - in reply to #13184)

sorry to came back again with the "sluggish" thing.. its just it may help if someone are having the same "problem", if someone is using an old machine(like the one i tell on the previous post), ..
in the windows display properties change , reduce the color quality 32bit to 16 bit
it starts to work better , first i thought it completelly removed the "sluggish" feeling of moving tabs, stil happens but not so often as before, ..now its just sometimes , really less than before, the problem is once that happens it doesn´t go away till we have to load again the project we are working on the host...
thanks.
chrisnash
Posted 2005-07-05 5:42 PM (#13186 - in reply to #13185)

Developer

Hi Aa,

The sluggishness could also be down to your host. For audio processing, reViSiT gets as much time as it needs, but for graphics, it's entirely at the mercy of the host. Usually, the host will pass spare CPU time to reViSiT so that it can do lower-priority tasks (like update the graphics). However, some hosts don't give the plug-in enough CPU time - even sometimes when no other process is using it!

To test this out, you can toggle the Graphics Priority switch in the Preferences / Song Variables screen - from "Normal" to "Higher". In Higher mode, the graphics get the same priority as the audio, so should be faster. However, because of this, if there's a lot of graphics to do, it might impinge upon the audio processing.

I'd be grateful if you could switch back to 32-bit graphics and try the Higher graphics priority with reViSiT - then let us know if the sluggishness is at all improved.

Cheers,
Chris

a
Posted 2005-07-05 6:47 PM (#13187 - in reply to #13186)

Chris, thanks for answer ..
i already tried that and ..i think i tried all the stuff (..i could remember) cus i really wanna use this tracker ,

i use energyXT, but i also downloaded the tobysbear minihost to check if it worked well, i got the same problems, didn´t tested in any other host, just this 2..

when i gave priority to graphics in reVisit (higher) and save , next time i use revisit when i started again my host , things "crash" , .. energyxT is a modular type of soft., if we don´t have nothing/effects or other synths loaded inside eXT, and we load reVisit as the first plugin , it connects automa.. to the master outputs , and in that situation crashs right away , but if i already have something like effects loaded , when i load reVisit it doeasn´t autom.. connect to the master outputs , so it doeasn´t crash and this permit me to see if i get any better performer related to graphics , stills the same, the only way i can make it better is to reduce 32 bit to 16 bit (windows display propert..) , Chris when i connect again reVIsit to master outputs of the host(if graphics are "higher") still makes the host to crash.. i think its a bug , but this time i only try in energyXT

i think its my pentium 1.8 ghz or my nVidia tnt2, (nobody have one of this old pcs at home and try to ?, ..i have 2 more, ..one with 650ghz and one old old 486, the one before the pentium series ..)
i tryed too to get the lasted drivers for the graphics card , but the instaler doesn´t let me install this last drivers , but i remember i usually update my drivers ..so i guess they aren´t that much outdated

thanks.
aa
Posted 2005-07-05 7:24 PM (#13188 - in reply to #13187)

hi again, ..yeah you might be right, i guess the host has something to do with this too, ..just dowanloaded Plogue Bidule, and it works perfect, with 16 bit or 32 (color quality) , its a litlle "hard" for me to watch working so well in this host ,lol, cus i im not ready to change my host ..damn..

yeah in Plogue Bidule works perfect , .. in Audiomulch and Minihost i have the same problems as in energyXT, first i thought it could be cus of using asio4all drivers , but imnot using them in audiomulch..
AA
Posted 2005-07-05 7:31 PM (#13189 - in reply to #13188)

by the way, in Plogue bidule , that "bug" (higher grapchis) i talked doeasn´t happen..
AA
Posted 2005-07-05 8:41 PM (#13190 - in reply to #13189)

strange, ..i downloaded a few more little size files hosts from kvr site to tested this a litlle more, and i get negative results form all of them, audiomulch, vsthost, console, aodix, madtracker, vstseq, minihost, .. and then turn back to Bidule and everything works fine... funny only bidule is fixing me this..
chrisnash
Posted 2005-07-06 12:19 PM (#13191 - in reply to #13190)

Developer

I've done some digging and I think I've worked out the problem - it's not possible to simply tag the graphics process onto the audio process. The audio process is executed at Interrupt-level and thus shouldn't be doing time consuming things like painting windows. So, it seems that Bidule is actually the host exhibiting the odd behaviour - since it shouldn't really work!

I think my only hope is to try and optimise the graphics code as much as I can, and rely on most hosts giving reViSiT enough time to execute it. However, I will have a look for alternative ways to provoke more frequent graphics updates.

Thanks for the feedback,
Chris

aa
Posted 2005-07-12 2:49 PM (#13192 - in reply to #13191)

"

...and thanks a lot for having a repeat rows "way", the "IT's version (SB0 / SBx, to repeat x times from SB0)" you talk in the previous post, ..so this way 9 times is the longer times we can repeat right? .. i think it will work for me, but just to be sure ,theres no way yet to make loop/repeat any times we want , righ? .., really thanks for this feature !

use SB0 and SBF to repeat 15 (well, 16, for now) times.
"

hello again, just to tell if anyone interested that i find another way of looping , a command that makes th eloop go forever.. its cXX at the end of the loop( where the XX = the row where the loop starts)..
chrisnash
Posted 2005-07-12 6:47 PM (#13193 - in reply to #13192)

Developer

The Cxx command is the Pattern Break command and will take you to row xx in the next pattern. So, when just playing the pattern (F6), this will loop the same pattern over and over, but in song playback (F5, or Play in the host), this will depend on what you have next in the order list - but you can of course have several identical entries in the order list.

Chris

Anc
Posted 2005-09-07 12:11 PM (#13194 - in reply to #13193)

Just want to say: ReVisit is a GREAT, GREAT, TOOL!! Finally someone's answers my prayers!!!
I'm really and I mean REALLY looking forward to the final pro version with multiple audio outputs. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)