Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help : Energy XT no sound? What about Ableton live ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

Cheap n Easy
Posted 2005-09-27 2:03 AM (#13207)
Subject: Help : Energy XT no sound? What about Ableton live ?

New user

hello...

first of all many thanks to the developer for coding this app

ive read the faq and some parts of the pdf files but i couldnt find any answer to my questions. so im posting them here.

im trying to use revist in energy xt. i add the plugin to the modular view and then link the midi out of revisit to the midi in of a vsti synth and then i connect the audio out of the vsti synth to the audio in of energy xt's master out. finally i add some notes in the revisit pattern editor and press play in revisit. i dont get any sound! ive seen someone at this forum reporting the same problem. that guest says he fixed the problem clicking on the "midi output button". my problem is that i cant find that button in any place. can anyone please point it to me or say what am i doing wrong? i cant acess "file menu" in revisit, is the "midi output button" placed there?

what about using revist in ableton live? where do i connect the midi out of revist to the midi in of a vsti synth ? (im trying the demos of ableton live and energy xt so i dont know any of this sequencers in depht.)

my main interest in revisit would be writing note data on its pattern editor and then trigger those patterns with the energy xt or ableton live sequencer and not using revisit's "order list". can this be done? if yes, how ?

sorry for my english and for so many questions.
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Anonymous
Posted 2005-09-27 2:30 AM (#13208 - in reply to #13207)
Subject: Help : Energy XT no sound? What about Ableton live ?

Reply to : Cheap n Easy

what about using revist in ableton live? where do i connect the midi out of revist to the midi in of a vsti synth ? (im trying the demos of ableton live and energy xt so i dont know any of this sequencers in depht.)
my main interest in revisit would be writing note data on its pattern editor and then trigger those patterns with the energy xt or ableton live sequencer and not using revisit's "order list". can this be done? if yes, how ?

if you want to control a vstinstrument, or a ableton live instrument, or, you wish to use revisit sending out a midi-instrument to a midi-port, that ableton live is following in, this is the routing:

1) revisit - instrument that sends to say, midichannel1, out via midiyoke/midiox/hubismidiloopback/midioverlan to say virtual midi-port x, which, for instance, could in midioverlan be named 'to ableton live' for instance,
2) ableton live has a miditrack, which has, say, a vstinstrument in it, ableton live's monitoring is on auto, and it is of course receiving midichannel1 input from "to ableton live" virtual port - and

therefore whichever note you send from revisit in the channel that your revisit-instrument is sending out to, to the right port, you will have ableton live play the vstinstrument, or sampler, or outboard gear of your choice - if you wish to route your midi like this:
revisit->ableton live->outboard gear
however, if you've got outboard gear,
1) disable a virtual port that has been hooked out to your outboard gear - from ableton live and
2) enable a virtual port in revisit which will therefore automatically control your outboard gear..

and then of course pipe in the resulting audio back into ableton live, or whichever destination of your choice.

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)