Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting started from scratch
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

Kostas
Posted 2005-11-22 12:22 AM (#13222)
Subject: Getting started from scratch

Hi everyone!

At the risk of getting noobie-laughed at I'm still going to ask this because I'm just too excited about getting my hands on this baby.
So, I just downloaded the reViSiT.dll and now I'm a bit puzzled how to get started. I went trought all the FAQs and this forum as well but didn't find what I was looking for. Basically I'm looking for the easiest way to get things started with all this. I'm on Windows XP (SB Live! if I recall and kX Audio Driver) and I have Cubase SX 3.1.1. and I've put the reViSiT.dll file into Cubase's "Vstplugins" folder. Then I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.

I'm new to Cubase and I don't know jack about it so I'm willing to try out this plug-in on other program's too if it'd just be easier. I have long experience with Impulse Tracker 2 (which sadly doesn't operate on Win XP as you all probably know already) and at first I'd be satisfied just to get started with the tracker option and later on the other features. Since I play piano I warmly welcome the opportunity to combine both midi sequencing and tracking into one package, but the last midi-program I've really used is Cakewalk 5.0 far from the last millennium so I'm in a pinch with all these new sequencing programs.

Okay, sorry about the babbling. The bottom line is that I wish there would be someone kind enough to instruct me step by step so that I could get to this point.
After getting that window on my screen, I think I'll get by and will ultimately be able to do my bit in terms of feedback.

Cheers,
Kostas
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2005-11-22 11:41 AM (#13223 - in reply to #13222)
Subject: Getting started from scratch

Developer

Hi Kostas,

Welcome to the party! reViSiT functions as a VST Instrument (VSTi). To load one in Cubase, once you have a document open, goto to the "Devices" menu and select "VST Instruments", or press F11. You will be presented with the VST Instruments window, with a lot of empty slots, which can each be filled with a VSTi. Note, however, that the maximum permissable is heavily dependent on CPU power, and that only one copy of reViSiT should be run at any one time - though that isn't due to CPU strain! To start reViSiT, it should be as simple as clicking the "no instrument" void and selecting reViSiT from the drop down list. Once reViSiT appears, just hark back to your IT2 days, and you should be okay. I should perhaps mention that the next version of reViSiT will look quite a bit different (there will be two windows, instead of one), but the keyboard controls will be almost exactly the same. I'm afraid the documentation is a little thin on the ground at the moment, but I will rectify that as soon as soon as we get to a fairly stable beta.

Please feel free to post any further questions you have here, and I'll see if I can help.

All the best,
Chris

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)