Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

working in eXT
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

spacedad
Posted 2006-03-10 1:11 AM (#13233)
Subject: working in eXT

New user

finally got it working in eXT(mainly cos i found the FAQ a quick note in the readme would help a lot of people get a sample loaded,cos i thought the 'load' button was for that,but it was 'greyed out'.

great to get it going. tempo changes in host worked a treat,playback fine,saving modules was working and settings in host were working ok.

but playback stuck when eXT's master sync/play button was on.i tested it by just dropping revisit on the mainpage of the standalone,btw,so nice and simple test.at least i could record the results.i'll give another go soon.congrats though,very nice.

can you change the pattern lengths and bar markings?and is there a 'input note every ...' funtion yet,or plans for mouse postion=note input? phew,anyway,i'll check back later.cheers.
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2006-03-10 1:25 PM (#13234 - in reply to #13233)

Developer

Hi Spacedad,

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you're enjoying reViSiT. To answer you questions/comments...

First, a quote from the readme.txt:

* "How do I load samples?"
  --> Simply go to the sample list, choose a sample slot and hit
      ENTER. Select a .WAV file and click OK.

Pattern Lengths and Row Highlighting (minor and major, viz. beats and bars) can be changed by pressing Ctrl-F2 in the pattern editor.

Alt-n (where n is 0 to 9) will change how much the cursor advances upon each note entry (0 will skip to the next channel).

Eventually, the mouse will find many more roles in the pattern editor, but not being a feature of IT2, it's not a priority yet. In any case, the keyboard is and will always be the input device of choice for reViSiT - it's and integral part of the whole concept.

I'm not that familiar with EnergyXT's Master Sync/Play button, but reViSiT requires a constant clock signal to play back (even when only used with MIDI) - the inputs and outputs should all be connected and the sound driver itself should be getting a clock signal.

Documentation is a little thin on the ground at the moment (it will be improved in the beta stages), but since reViSiT is currently closely based on IT2 so it's always a good idea to check the extensive IT2 documentation. Most of it's relevant.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Chris

spacedad
Posted 2006-03-11 12:18 AM (#13235 - in reply to #13234)

New user

Reply to : chrisnash
ok,sorry chris i must have missed it in the readme(it's right down the bottom and i think i must have scrolled past it thinking it was all past history changes)

thanks for the tips! the Pattern Lengths and Row Highlighting is wicked.
and the cursor advances trick is great too.

i'll ask at the xt forum about reViSiT+EnergyXT's Master Sync/Play button.(which usually works to sync up step sequencers and the likes,so i think i set it up right).maybe you could try the demo if you get chance.

i'm really chuffed that it's all rollin' though.many thanks for your quick responses!
spacedad
Posted 2006-03-11 8:07 PM (#13236 - in reply to #13235)

New user

ok,i asked at the ext forum and one user had no trouble with reViSiT,so good news there.
but i was just playing 1 pattern and i've just read that you gotta construct a few patterns into a song first.so i'll try that.the help says;select pattern 'alt *2'. what does that mean?

is there a text version of the help file? sorry if i've missed the obvious again,i have been trying,honest!

edit;ok,managed to dl the pdf,so that should help.and i'll search for IT2 sites for tips,too.
spacedad
Posted 2006-03-11 10:11 PM (#13237 - in reply to #13236)

New user

yeah,now i've strung some patterns together eXT is playing like it should.
good work chris,this is a little jem!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)